Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight Romance?

T. Petrichor

Villager
Xy$
Hello,

I've gotten to the point in my game where some romance must be had. It seems I'm having a hard time thinking of romantic things ... so if y'all are in the sharing mood, would you mind sharing your romantic outings, discussions, happenings, fantasies, etc etc here?

My game is a psychological horror. Check out my profile for a link, if you are curious! These romance stories are a sort of reprieve, though I'm sure the romance will end up warped in my game, somehow.

Not sure if I'm even posting this in the right place. Sorry if I'm not, and thank you in advance for your input!!

Harmless

Towns Guard
Romance isn't about the activity, it's the little actions both people do for one an other.
If you wanna show intimacy between two characters, try having a character do something completely out of character just to please the other, and insist on the fact that this isn't very easy for the character.

Example: A glutton and noble are at a dinner with the noble's parents. During the whole meal, every plate is tiny. The glutton is nervously hungry, but each time they nervously looks at their food, they looks back at the noble who gives them a reassuring smile. The glutton smiles back.

It's not a perfect example, but having a character trait that goes against the "kind attention" makes it more meaningful shows that a character is willing to be selfless to some level for the other.

Not a simple answer, but I hope this is enough food for thought to help you.
Cheers!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Following @DireDimes lead, I will give a few more examples. It could be one person travelling to the other person's village, even though they were brought up to strongly dislike that village. Some look at chivalrous acts as signs of romance, like opening the door for the other person, or defending their honor. A romantic evening could be the setting or the special activities having nothing to do with physical activities, including sex.

T. Petrichor

Villager
Xy$
I think my question may have been worded incorrectly. I'm looking for more real events, activities, etc. Hiking? Seeing a movie? Tipping cows? Swimmin?

Their romance is established. The little things already occur naturally. I guess I just need some extra input other than my own to shake things up!

What would you consider to be a great date?

Jiriki9

Towns Guard
Xy$
I wonder how a date fits into your game.

Also, that is so much depending on the characters that I find it nigh impossible to answer. A great date is what the persons having it consider it. For some, this might be going on a walk. For others, it might be watching a movie. Some will say a romantic date NEEDS a dinner. So giving "real activities" here is quite hard, imo.
Also, here again comes in what @DireDimes mentioned: it might be considered romantic if they do something one of the loves and the other despises. One is uncomfortable within crowds (maybe because of something your game has already established?) and a couch potato in general - have him still go to this evening's festival with his beloved.

The "date" is a memory the MC is trying to remember, but it'll end up all warped.
how about the MC is asking one friend, walking in the woods just like
DireDimes
said. the more he walks - the more he Reflect About the memory, the more parts are revealed because the friend was there with the MC.

then when he gets a Part or two he will said " I get it now! " and said thank you to the friend. so it became like a little or the beginning of triangular Romance kind-of plot

well it could happened, I hope this can help your problems

but I can't get the part that "all wrapped up" part