Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SKWAYR

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SkwayrTitle.png

There is a project that I have been working on the last few days. It is called, "SKWAYR". The demo link is https://rpgmakermv.co/resources/skwayr-demo-browser.1378/ . There are screenshots available on that thread. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the game development of SKWAYR.

In this game, everything is a square. The two dimensions of a square are width and length. How to view this sort of 2d game? It is viewed from the top.

Faces1_1.png

This is SKWAYR, the hero of this action-adventure game. On a white background, it may hard to see that he has two white eyes. Let me put one of the 'bad' gals so you can see her eyes.
Faces1_4.png .

Is it an RPG? Some may say yes, and some may say no. According to my definition, no. You may be playing as SKWAYR and making decision for him, but that is not role playing.

One of the future challenges, that I look forward to making is doing the animations for a firesquare, this world's equivalent to a fireball.

I look forward to reading suggestions and constructive criticism.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
UPDATE: Added Windows version to download.
UPDATE: Added 'squared' corners dialogue window to both Browser and Windows deployments.
UPDATE: Changed font of Windows version. Getting gamefont errors in Browser version, so stayed with Original font.