Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skills Requires Armor?

rikucotton

Villager
Xy$
Hello, I'd like to say I'm new here, since I just got MV up and running finally not too long ago... I know there are skills that can require weapons... is there a plugin out there where I can make it require armor instead? Like accessories and what not? Thanks in advance!

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
Hello, I'd like to say I'm new here, since I just got MV up and running finally not too long ago... I know there are skills that can require weapons... is there a plugin out there where I can make it require armor instead? Like accessories and what not? Thanks in advance!
This could be easily done with common events instead of plugins to be honest.
Have a common event running throughout the entire game, checking if there is that certain armour equipped.
Have a conditional branch, something like this: Screenshot 2015-10-28 16.19.26.png
The only thing is, once the player equips/unequips the armour, they must exit and re-enter to see the changes applied.
I hope this works!
Moved to resource request.
Though I understand about the move, I managed to help him so he doesn't need a plugin (I hope) ;)

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Well... this looks strange.. i would not use a common event for this.

But i think i have already seen this plugin somewhere..

rikucotton

Villager
Xy$
You add this under Traits in the database. Go to Armours select traits, then skill and add skill

Enjoy!
wow, that's a really nice feature. Thanks for the help!
[doublepost=1446065436,1446065404][/doublepost]
I had a script in Ace called Custom Use Conditions where you can specify ... basically conditions that are required in order to use the item or skill.

I will be porting it over to MV as well.
I loved that script! :D