Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SILENCE (Official RPG Thread)

SalmonWine

Lord of Memes
Xy$
Silence is an RPG created by a small group of people hoping to create a game for those who want a challenge.

"All power comes with weakness"

Every strength can be beaten. Where's the fun in collecting a +5 ATK sword, then a +20 ATK, then a +50 and so on...when you can have true decision. Maybe you'd be willing to use a blade that boosts attack by 15%, but drops luck and makes you more likely to be targeted? or a sword that triples all attack stats but reduces you health to a mere 1%? Or maybe, you'd play it safe, and a scythe that boosts all your defense at the cost of agility and attack? its your choice. Will you try to even out and balance characters, or go all out with a stat per character?

With a massive array of weapons, an intricate skill-learning system, a formidable horde of foes, multiple endings, and 4 unique characters, you'll never run out of decisions to make.

Keep watch on this thread for updates, demos, and tests!

NEEDED:

NPCs
Augments
Armor
Boss Battles
More skills
and some more junk!

UPDATE (8/2/2016)
Progress on developing the game had previously slowed down, but is now picking back up at mach speed! All kinds of work is being done, and I am devoted to doing it!

A combat test is even finished which can be found here:

https://rpgmakermv.co/resources/silence-combat-demo-1.972/

I've also decided the art style shall be mainly black and white edits of the RTP and RTP edits

SCREENSHOTS:

UPDATE 2 (8/8/16)
~~~

It has been decided that, rather than using an edited RTP, Silence will have a full custom tile set! Two lovely artists, Akamizu and Cyanide, have offered to try their hand at emulating the style in the characters and enemies. Can't wait to see their work!

In additional news, Sangos's artwork is now being focused on NPC's and facial sprites rather than enemies. Hoping to get dialogue and whatnot done soon :)

UPDATE 3 (8/19/16)
~~~~
Sorry for the lack of updates! just recently got my laptop fixed, so work has resumed on Silence!

-NOTES ON SKILLS

How do i restart my work? By erasing all the user skills and replacing them with my 54 new and improved user skills. These ones should be here to stay, with Jirak and Strider having 13 skills each; Aox and Kesel having 14 skills each. This may even be the demo configuration, in a future date.

Formula's are a b*tch, considering some of the wacky skills present in the game. This is certainly a lesson for me.

Plus, i've added a few "secret" skills, skills which are only unlocked by performing certain actions.
(for example, using the "Sacrifice" spell while "Kamikaze" is equipped)

-WEAPONS

Also, with that, comes 4 new weapons for each character! All of the weapons have been renamed with their names in the native language, with the exception of a few special weapons

-MAPS

I've been looking into Parallax mapping, considering how good it looks, and i'm considering purchasing photoshop to try and do it myself. Otherwise, i may stoop as low as Paint.NET to get the job done, depending on my funds.

UPDATE 4 (8/31/16)
~~~~~
Howdy everybody!

There is now a full range of facial expressions for all of the main characters! Next up will be making a wide array of NPCs :)

Also, mapping has been going great thanks to some of the awesome people around these forums! I hope to have a full and complete dungeon with a side-quest by the end of September :)

Additional story elements are being written in as well, i'm considering opening up a thread in the development forum for discussing story elements, but it's iffy considering my reluctance for spoiling Silence's quirky story.

Who knows, maybe ill make up my mind soon.

Last edited:

Jiriki9

Towns Guard
Xy$
I like the idea of having to choose a way to equip the characters!
What would interest me is wether the setting is medieval, high fantasy, ...
looking forward to see more of this.

SalmonWine

Lord of Memes
Xy$
I like the idea of having to choose a way to equip the characters!
What would interest me is wether the setting is medieval, high fantasy, ...
looking forward to see more of this.
Work has slowed down drastically I'm afraid :( Limitations in my skill plus a lack of areas where it's easy to get questions answered quickly and reliably has made the game a bit too far on the frustrating side. Work will continue though!

And in terms of setting, think of it as "Mad-Fantasy" If you mashed Alice in Wonderland with Final Fantasy and Darkest Dungeon, you'd have a good idea of the game's setting

Jiriki9

Towns Guard
Xy$
Work has slowed down drastically I'm afraid :( Limitations in my skill plus a lack of areas where it's easy to get questions answered quickly and reliably has made the game a bit too far on the frustrating side. Work will continue though!

And in terms of setting, think of it as "Mad-Fantasy" If you mashed Alice in Wonderland with Final Fantasy and Darkest Dungeon, you'd have a good idea of the game's setting
That setting sounds quite nice to me! (thumbsup)
Also the screens look great!
I hope you'll find the time, energy and motivation to keep up working on this!