Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shortcut keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

long88long

Villager
Xy$
Hi there,
I am new of RM ,
When I try to make my first map , I spent a lot of time to fight with the tiles.
Is there any shortcut keys for working with maps?

Have a nice day!

Akod

Praised Adventurer
The two main ones I used were
1. Right-click selects the tile your mouse is on (like an eyedropper tool) so you don't have to go through the tileset tabs to switch between tiles you've already placed, plus you can select groups of tiles by holding right-click and dragging the mouse
2. Holding shift while placing tiles disables the autotile feature, which can be helpful when you don't want certain tiles to "blend" their edges together.
Though be aware that right-clicking copies the exact tile you selected, including autotile effects, so if you use both of these shortcuts together it can produce odd tile placement, like so.

cake maker

Villager
Xy$
Holding down right click and dragging, selecting lots of tiles at once is good for moving things around, especially when you're resizing a map and pieces demand adjustment.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
When editting events pressing space bar will quickly allow you to edit event commands, you can also highlight a map from the list and press the space bar and it will open the map properties. You can also press f1 to open your help file which may have some extra shortcut keys to show you.

long88long

Villager
Xy$
The two main ones I used were
1. Right-click selects the tile your mouse is on (like an eyedropper tool) so you don't have to go through the tileset tabs to switch between tiles you've already placed, plus you can select groups of tiles by holding right-click and dragging the mouse
2. Holding shift while placing tiles disables the autotile feature, which can be helpful when you don't want certain tiles to "blend" their edges together.
Though be aware that right-clicking copies the exact tile you selected, including autotile effects, so if you use both of these shortcuts together it can produce odd tile placement, like so.
Thanks for the tips, it's really helpful.
[doublepost=1453990067,1453989751][/doublepost]
Holding down right click and dragging, selecting lots of tiles at once is good for moving things around, especially when you're resizing a map and pieces demand adjustment.
Thanks for the answer ^^

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm locking this topic due to being addressed and solved if for any reason you would like it re-opened please report this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.