Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadows for Flying Events

MugenDraco

Villager
Xy$
The community here has been great in helping me find plugins and other resources I'd used on my old project, but I've discovered one more. To really sell the fact that the birds flying around were actually far off the ground, I somehow created shadows that were a few frames under them, as seen in the video below. I've searched the resources here, as well as Googled till I can't Google no more. I can't remember if it was a plugin, or if I used custom Javascript to grab the event's ID and used that to create a shadow a few frames below somehow. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

MugenDraco

Villager
Xy$
I finally found the plugin. For anyone who wants shadows far below events that are meant to be flying, it's called Basic Event Shadows by Galv. Here's the link.

https://galvs-scripts.com/2016/04/07/mv-basic-event-shadows/

You can adjust the height of the shadow, and it works for the player as well. Do note though that while events require a notetag to show shadows, player shadows are turned on by default without any notetags. You'll need to add the following line

Galv.BES.pShadows(false);

as a script in an event, preferably at the very beginning of your game to turn player shadows off.