Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scripted Puzzles

Boy Who Codes

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Here's something. I was watching Phi Brain for quite some time now and I saw great puzzles in there that could be incorporated in RPG Maker. Some of them are doable through scripting. However, is it even necessary to create a plugin that does just one purpose, serving that kind of puzzle game? For example, the Slider Puzzle allows you the same puzzle solution, only that it changes which image is being used. Same goes with other puzzle games that only serves 1 answer. Would you use that plugin if it was developed?

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I could imagine using this plugin for a memory test. Would the player remember the puzzle, if it were to be presented in a different images?

Boy Who Codes

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Yes, as it is a one puzzle only. I was thinking of making a puzzle that goes with different gameplay, so it would be fun to play, but I have no idea in what way it should be done better.

Manoma

Villager
Xy$
could be interesting to have some puzzles for lockpicking, opening a chest locked with magic, hacking a computer, transforming 2 or more items in one to open a door, idk, i'm not sure of what you are asking and didn't give much tought about it, but i think that is pretty much what you would need a plugin for. Most of the puzzes you can do with events anw.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I've seen a puzzle script being worked on by someone a few weeks back, maybe Quasi? I'm unsure at the moment, but the preview videos I saw, I thought were awesome. I would love to see more plugins that help out with puzzles because I personally don't enjoy making puzzles with events in MV editor lol. Anyways I would love to see what you can come up with, keep us posted. Cheers (cool)

Seriel

[Insert Member Title]
I'm not too good at puzzles, but I don't object to their presence.
Some ones like lockpicking would be nice.