Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salutations!

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum. I loved RPG Maker back in 2000-2001, but then left the warm world of it to pursue literary writing instead of game writing. I'd toyed with coming back for a long time, but learning about the release of MV had me diving back in.

I am most skilled at stories, but have been watching tons of youtube tutorials to gain expertise in other areas as well. I'm so glad that there is an active place like this to come and share ideas and get help. There is nothing like a great sense of community among creatives!!

Can't wait to dig in deeper.

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Oooooh a skilled writer! We have a few writers, but I like seeing people who have experience creating beautiful stories!
Welcome to the Forum btw!

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
Thank you so much! I'm really excited to get back into this form of storytelling. There are a lot of similarities with your average novel, but so many unique experiences that you can create for your reader that makes them feel even more a part of the story. This might sound silly, but in some ways it's almost a cross between a novel and a movie, because you depend so much on both the text and the graphics.

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
No I understand that games can be considered a cross between media and writing; because, you get to experience the battle (Like a book), but you also get to visualize it (like a movie). Also the line between gaming and media is becoming shorter with the introduction of newer virtual reality systems. Now they are creating movies that immerse you into them.

I like this because I have a huge imagination, and I branch a lot between the arts to try to capture how I see things. Right now I'm only decently good at one gaming art and that is parallax mapping; however, I soon hope to work at digital art and other things that will suit me best.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Hello and welcome to RMMV! Hope you have fun and find what you are looking for here. ^_^

Another veteran RPG Maker dev joins the ranks! There is not many active writers here, nice to have ya.

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
That's awesome! I think, in exploring the forums, I've seen you mention even more experience with the written word! I'm not quite published, but very close. I recently left my agent because she decided to focus on MG and picture books (I write YA), so once I finish my current novel I'll be looking for representation again and crossing my fingers....

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello and welcome to the forums! (cute) I'm not the best writer, but I started a book like 2 years ago and got 300 pages done (In the correct dimensions of a standard hardcover book), my goal was 600 pages, but I put that book on the back burner and sadly never picked it back up. I also use to own a writing forum at one time lol.

Anyway, welcome! and feel free to share some of your work with us!

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Hey welcome aboard! whoa, sounds like you like making visual novels? that's awesome. I too enjoy making them, but I always get stumped due to not having artistic ability. =( I hate when I can't have that perfect picture for a character or scene I'm writing!

see you around and enjoy your time here!

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
Thanks for the welcome, you two!

Xyphien, never give up on the novel! :) Don't worry about how long it is, you can always edit it later. I tend to write on the shorter side.... Always have to add more!

Micro, I don't do visual novels. I wish I had the skill! Mine are standard young adult novels for the most part (sometimes I dabble in middle grade). I write both fantasy and historical (sometimes together!)

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
Thank you! It's Mary Pickford, the first mega silent film actress. I enjoy studying the era of silent film as well :)