Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enemies Sage's Battlers

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm starting a little project to make some battlers for you guys.
I've started the fun by making a slime monster.

I heavily encourage suggestions.

What foe would you like to see next?
Wolves? Rats? Other creatures? Faeries? Monsters? People? Gods?
I'd like to know!

I want to make some custom battlers for you guys, but I need your help!
I have two questions that I need you to answer.

I've started the fun by making a slime monster.I have run into the problem of sizing. As someone who doesn't really use RM very much, I don't know what size to make the battlers. So, what size would you prefer?

Full size (for reference):

200 pixels wide, 150 pixels wide, and 100 pixels wide

Scaling down to 200 pixels wide (20% of the original size) still manages to preserve the quality well. After that, however, the quality begins to drop.

My first question is:
  • What size do you prefer battlers to be? - or - What size should I make my battlers?

Last edited:

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Awww that slime is hella cute~
I personally prefer making all enemies big, I just use smaller ones in groups or when it fits my bs. Since I'm using frontview bs I use bigger ones. I'd use every battle but the last one, if people want smaller battlers they can resize them theirselves ;) Just my opinion though

I'd like to see how you'd draw the gods of the rtp they leave much room for creativity :P

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
That looks great, can't wait to see what else you make. As cunechan said I'd prefer larger images, if I need something small I'll resize it myself. I also don't mind using front view battlers for sideview battles, still looks okay especially with yanfly enemy animation Plugin. Keep them comming.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That looks great, can't wait to see what else you make. As cunechan said I'd prefer larger images, if I need something small I'll resize it myself. I also don't mind using front view battlers for sideview battles, still looks okay especially with yanfly enemy animation Plugin. Keep them comming.
Excellent. Thanks for the feedback!

I guess I won't have to worry about size anymore. ;)

Edited the thread to encourage suggestions now that the sizing question has been answered.

BlueByt3

Villager
Xy$
are these going to be animated battlers like http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/13/yep-44-animated-sideview-enemies/ these from yanfly? I really would love to have kind of these ones. I am definetly going to use them for what I have planned.

If you still need suggestions for what kind of battlers my heart would beat:

Vampire / Succubus like Ghosttrick-style fro YGO
Phantom - Something like a black shadowish Person that forms you can barely identify as human with black smoke-like substance vaporzing from its body
Natural Fairies - like Forest Fairies with leafs and stuff / other elemental / natural fairies?
Golems - Like Rock/Ice Creatures
Lions / Tigers - but more mythological

stuff like that - but with your cute style shown above, would be kinda nice

Greetz
BlueByt3

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
are these going to be animated battlers like http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/13/yep-44-animated-sideview-enemies/ these from yanfly? I really would love to have kind of these ones. I am definetly going to use them for what I have planned.
No. I'm just gonna make a bunch of png images and share them.

Vampire / Succubus like Ghosttrick-style fro YGO
Ghosttricks are adorable. Good suggestion.
I like the rest of your list too.

The next one is a bat, but I haven't had the time to finish it.