Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RTP Toon Lore

Taronysaurus

Villager
Xy$
MV is the first version I've bought, so I hope my question isn't too stupid.

There are a bunch of built in actors, including what appear to be in some way the default party of adventurers, Harold, Therese, Marsha and Lucius. There also appear to be a bunch of "Cover Art" characters, Aldo, Nina, etc.

I know the rest of the Cover Art toons have names. How about the rest of the default toons?

Is there some lore behind them? I know that I can make whatever game I want. I'm just asking if there is some kind of official or at least sample backstory for them.

Also, are any of these guys supposed to be members of the community?

In my game, Harold, Therese, Marsha and Lucius have already completed their quest to save the world and now they just hang out in the tavern basking in their glory and mooching free drinks. They wear little badges that say that they saved the world.

Last edited:

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think the preset party of adventurers are just two male and two females names that the game engine makers decided to use. The story behind them is whatever story you choose for them to have.

Tuomo L

Towns Guard
I think the preset party of adventurers are just two male and two females names that the game engine makers decided to use. The story behind them is whatever story you choose for them to have.
You're actually wrong. Technically there is a pattern in way of creating RPG Maker character names if you want to get technical, every single preset adventurer party creates an acronym of sorts. The only one that doesn't is 2003.

2000 (Default Actors)

A
lex

B
rian

C
arol

D
aisy

E
nryuu

F
alcon

G
omez

H
elen

XP (Default Actors)

Aluxes

Basil

Cyrus

Dorothy

Estelle

Felix

Gloria

Hilda

VX (Default Actors)

Ralph

Ulrika

Bennett

Ylva

Lawrence

Oscar

Vera

Elmer

VX Ace (Default Actors)

Eric

Nataile

Terrance

Ernest

Ryoma

Brenda

Rick

Alice

Isabelle

Noah

MV (Default Actors)

Harold

Therese

Marsha

Lucius

Last edited:

Tuomo L

Towns Guard
@Tuomo L So there is pattern with the name randomness. Nice eye. I did not like the names, so I did not event look at patterns.
Well, you could use the same way of making names. A custom party done in same way could be something like

Jason
Annie
Vince
Anthony
Sebastian
Cynthia
Richard
Iisac
Pauline
Tanya

You can use this to create easter eggs and unique names as well. Just food for a thought.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, you could use the same way of making names. A custom party done in same way could be something like

Jason
Annie
Vince
Anthony
Sebastian
Cynthia
Richard
Iisac
Pauline
Tanya

Just food for a thought.
I actually did games like that for my students. I love acronyms and palindromes.