Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPG Maker MV Fishing Base - Fishing Event

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
@TheUnproPro ...

Consider this adopted. It's very good. I had thought from the outset of trying something of the sort; there are even sly references to that effect in my Rachdale Cheese (a leitmotif in the random dialogues keeps harking on about fishing...). I've a couple of other irons in the fire right now, and I'll need to see exactly how to integrate details such as tallying up the catch, and maybe incorporating into the recipes, but this is a great head start, and covers all the fiddly, technical aspects in a clear and efficient manner. It'll need a re-write of the Variable and Switch ID's, of course, but that's no big deal, just an afternoon of being careful, that's all.
I've not found any glitches (and why should there be any; it's so limpid...), but haven't understood why there are 2 other Events on the Fishing Quai. In waiting for something..? What have I missed..? To prevent the Actor from quitting the spot before finishing, maybe..? As you can gather, I've not spent hours on this (yet..!), but all will be revealed, surely. In any case, many thanks for the excellent gift; please take this warm hand as a mark of my appreciation...

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
@TheUnproPro ...

Consider this adopted. It's very good. I had thought from the outset of trying something of the sort; there are even sly references to that effect in my Rachdale Cheese (a leitmotif in the random dialogues keeps harking on about fishing...). I've a couple of other irons in the fire right now, and I'll need to see exactly how to integrate details such as tallying up the catch, and maybe incorporating into the recipes, but this is a great head start, and covers all the fiddly, technical aspects in a clear and efficient manner. It'll need a re-write of the Variable and Switch ID's, of course, but that's no big deal, just an afternoon of being careful, that's all.
I've not found any glitches (and why should there be any; it's so limpid...), but haven't understood why there are 2 other Events on the Fishing Quai. In waiting for something..? What have I missed..? To prevent the Actor from quitting the spot before finishing, maybe..? As you can gather, I've not spent hours on this (yet..!), but all will be revealed, surely. In any case, many thanks for the excellent gift; please take this warm hand as a mark of my appreciation...

I'm glad you like it =D Unfortunately, it's been long enough for me to not remember what the other 2 events are for lol... I think you're right though, it might be to prevent the player from moving