Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rope swing animation

cake maker

Villager
Xy$
Hey all.

I'm trying to make a guy on a rope swing across the screen, using the animation editor.
I've got a single frame png file with the rope and guy holding the rope, and have set up the animation frame by frame, swinging from right to left to right to left to right till stop. Because the animation editor doesn't support anchor points, I simply removed the enemy target, and made sure with each frame, that the top tip of the rope was touching the center cross of the screen (to make it appear as if the rope is tied to a branch or something). It looks great in the animation editor - HOWEVER, when I play it in game, centred on an event, the top tip of the rope slides around and doesn't stay still like it does when played in the animation editor.

Any ideas as to why? I don't know how to proceed with this. The image is below.
Thanks.

Cake

upload_2016-1-27_23-4-20.png

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
I will try to replicate this and see, but somewhere i read about changing anchor points on events, not sure where....