Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RMMV Text Commands

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello everyone, I'm going to show you all how to customize your RMMV chat! I'm unsure if you know, but you can change the font color and font size for everything.

You're able to change the font color by simply putting in the following text before a word:
\c[0]
\c[1]
\c[2]
\c[3]
\c[4]
\c[5]
\c[6]
\c[7]
\c[8]
\c[9]
\c[10]

These will give you the following colors:
\c[0]
\c[1]
\c[2]
\c[3]
\c[4]
\c[5]
\c[6]
\c[7] (Gray)
\c[8]
\c[9]
\c[10]

Below is a picture of the following command:
\c[1]R\c[2]A\c[3]I\c[4]N\c[5]B\c[6]O\c[7]W
Untitled.png

Simply by typing in the command before a letter, word, paragraph, etc. you can change that characters color to whatever color you'd like.

To make your font/text bigger or smaller, you simply type:
\{ - to make it bigger or
\} - to make it smaller

These can stack, so the more \{ you add to something, the bigger it will become.

So, stacking them such as
\{\{\{\{ HEY

will look similar to this:
HEY

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
They are very useful commands and not used as much as people should be. For my Window Pop Plugin you can use these command's in the pop up.

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
They are very useful commands and not used as much as people should be. For my Window Pop Plugin you can use these command's in the pop up.
If the message text editor thought about displaying the function and the numbers corresponding the colour on the go, it would have been easier. Not everyone will in few weeks or monthes to figure that out ^^"

Oh wait, you mean the other functions besides colours? If that's the case, nevermind then ^^"

TruRevolution

Towns Guard
Xy$
I actually have a question on Text commands... I've been trying to play around with it for a little while now (about half an hour) and can't seem to get it right. I was able to get the [Dont wait for input] command to work, but I couldn't get it to work with the [Wait 1 second] command to work with it.
in example, My main character has a dialog of "..." I want it to show the text and wait 1 second before the chat goes away by itself. I've tried placing the \| cmmand with the \^ command, and it did indeed wait the one second, but wouldn't show the text. But if I left the \^ command before the text and added the |\ command after, or below the "..." text then there would be no pause before the dialog changed. I'd be grateful for any insight on this.

TruRevolution

Towns Guard
Xy$
[Update] I figured out what I was doing wrong! I'll post my findings here so that it may help someone else as well.
Originally I was setting my [Show text] command like so

" \|\^ ... "

But after playing with it I found that I got the desired effect with placing the text commands after the text like so...

" ... \|\^ "

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Actually when you hover with your mouse over the textbox in editor it shows you ALL the text commands ^^ the listing things with the color is chosen from the color palette in your systems folder (so you can change it there if you'd like different colors) 1st is variabl 0, 2nd is var 1, etc. It's so surprising that many didn't seem to know about these commands XD Thanks Xiffy for pointing out.

floppy.png
Ik this one is not good XD Just hover over the textbox and you'll see it yourself~

TruRevolution

Towns Guard
Xy$
Actually when you hover with your mouse over the textbox in editor it shows you ALL the text commands ^^ the listing things with the color is chosen from the color palette in your systems folder (so you can change it there if you'd like different colors) 1st is variabl 0, 2nd is var 1, etc. It's so surprising that many didn't seem to know about these commands XD Thanks Xiffy for pointing out.

View attachment 3254
Ik this one is not good XD Just hover over the textbox and you'll see it yourself~
@Cunechan Yes thank you. The only issue I had really was learning how to do the command placement, but I think I have that down now.

One question in regards to the last post, why are the tooltips so incredibly random. Sometimes they show, sometimes they don't? Is it because I'm using three monitors? It's the only thing I can think of that might be related.

TruRevolution

Towns Guard
Xy$
One question in regards to the last post, why are the tooltips so incredibly random. Sometimes they show, sometimes they don't? Is it because I'm using three monitors? It's the only thing I can think of that might be related.
@LordBones I have found that the pop up for the commands are on a lengthy timer... just hover over it and let your mouse sit. Thats what works for me.