Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RMMV.CO Battle Theme Music Contest (BGM)

Which BGM Should Be RMMV.CO's Battle Theme?

• Into The Fray by Skyscraper

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Battle Theme by Arythorn

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Clear The Path by Kaimen

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Music Thingy Competitiom BGM by Phil

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That is right. We are having our first ever music composition contest. This is a very special contests. The rules are simple.

1. The composition that wins this contest will be the official RMMV.CO battle theme.
2. It must be an original composition.
3. All entry submissions must be placed in the Audio Section of Resources, and must be labeled as BGM..
https://rpgmakermv.co/resources/categories/audio.25/
4. Please state in this thread if you desire to enter this contest.
5. There will be a week of accepting submissions, and then on Friday June 2nd, 2017, we will have a week of voting.

6. Since this is a resource competition please make it downloadable. Submissions that place, may be part of a resource package. Composer still maintains ownership rights, whereas, we receive rights to put in resource packages.
7. RPG Maker MV audio deployment uses .ogg format, so please have the submission in .ogg format. While in game design, it does use .M4A, but that is not necessary for this contest.

Awards:

1st Place - The Platinum Record 15 point badge

PlatinumRecord.png Clear The Path by Kaimen
PlatinumRecord.png Music Thingy Competition BGM by Phil

3rd place - The Silver Record 8 point badge

SilverRecord.png Into The Fray by Skyscraper
SilverRecord.png Battle Theme by Arythorn

NOTE: Rule 6 added to clarify resource usage.
NOTE: Rule 7 added to clarify resource format type.

Submissions Listed in order of submission:

Into The Fray by Skyscraper
Battle Theme by Arythorn
Clear The Path by Kaimen
Music Thingy Competition BGM by PHIL

Last edited:

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
@MinisterJay your post is very hard to read on the Dark design - just letting you know~ :)
You can count me in! I love battle themes and I'll definitely participate in a music contest!

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
That is right. We are having our first ever music composition contest. This is a very special contests. The rules are simple.

1. The composition that wins this contest will be the official RMMV.CO battle theme.
3. All entry submissions must be placed in the Audio Section of Resources, and must be labeled as BGM..
5. There will be a week of excepting submissions, and then on Friday June 2nd, 2017, we will have a week of voting.

Awards:

2nd Place - The Gold Record 10 point badge
Participation- The Participation Record 3 point badge
Oh my lord, nooooooooooooooooooo.... this is going to be very, very difficult!
sounds like fun though. ( I mean, participation badge is good enought amirite?)

Last edited:

Arythorn

Towns Guard
Xy$
Oh my lord, nooooooooooooooooooo.... this is going to be very, very difficult!
sounds like fun though
My thoughts exactly. Doesn't help with the fact I'm a Pianist and also not entirely sure on a few specifics like whether or not the track needs to loop seamlessly, how long it should be and also what exactly is meant by the sites "Battle Theme"!

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
My thoughts exactly. Doesn't help with the fact I'm a Pianist and also not entirely sure on a few specifics like whether or not the track needs to loop seamlessly, how long it should be and also what exactly is meant by the sites "Battle Theme"!
Agreed! trying to make the score at musescore is nightmarish :(

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BGMs have differing lengths. We have many examples, if you listen to some in the Audio section of Resources. When a BGM is selected for a battle, it automatically loops, but some do indeed make it where the transition from end of loop to beginning of loop is very smooth. We have an official site mascot and official site logo. The winning BGM will become the site's 'official' battle theme. It will be put in a package, along with other contests' battlers, plugins, etc. As with all material, in this community, the creator still owns the composition, we are just allowed to use it.

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$

5. There will be a week of excepting submissions, and then on Friday June 2nd, 2017, we will have a week of voting.

Awards:

2nd Place - The Gold Record 10 point badge
Participation- The Participation Record 3 point badge
May I still join the contest? because I want to join

Last edited:

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
I have about 30 seconds of song done already. I hope I can get the rest done in time. Don't wanna miss the first music contest after all! I'm pretty confident though. :D

Arythorn

Towns Guard
Xy$
You can do it, if you feel like you're not good enough I'll be there to be worst than you :D
Well then, be afraid... for I have managed to produce something! (joking)(shout) Aha, I'm sure you'll be great, mine is just a load of piano I've just come up with which sounds kinda heroic and/or dramatic. I have no idea how on earth this Battle Theme thing works or what it really IS (well, I know what one is, just not how I to define it I guess... I don't know, I'm probably not making sense aha.)

Also, @MinisterJay, does the track have to be uploaded to download, or can a SoundCloud Player of it be adequate?
[doublepost=1496168308,1496168155][/doublepost]
I have about 30 seconds of song done already. I hope I can get the rest done in time. Don't wanna miss the first music contest after all! I'm pretty confident though. :D
Just looked at your resources. Now I'm scared because of how amazing you stuff sounds aha. Good Luck, although I don't think you really need any!
[doublepost=1496168766][/doublepost]https://rpgmakermv.co/resources/bgm-battle-theme-contest-entry.1373/

There is my entry, just so it is in this thread for easier access I guess. sorry it's long, but I thought I'd make it long rather than looping... and I got carried away I guess aha.