Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rhythm-based RPG Battle System

My current project was inspired by a friend’s idea for an RPG battle system where your actions are synced to the battle music. I’ve put a fair bit of work into putting together a working prototype of the system, and I think that getting some outside perspectives on the idea would be helpful.

Here’s a video on what I’ve put together so far:

(If you want to see my progress over time, my older videos on the channel chart my progress.)

As you can see, I don’t have much in the way of UI design or non-combat gameplay yet, but I’m saving that stuff for after I complete the combat prototype. What do you guys think of the idea and my implementation of it? I’m open to any suggestions or ideas.

Also, I don't really understand the "Energy Storage" thing. Maybe have it so you get energy for performing actions in tune to the music, and filling it lets you perform an Limit Break or something like that.