Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Respawning enemy after defeat through an event

NjoyStick

Villager
Xy$
Hello,

I was trying to make an enemy respawn on the map after it had been defeated, i tried alot of things with switches and searching the web.

Finally i got what i wanted with just the event of the enemy.

I added an image with the event of the enemy.

This is what i did:

After the enemy was deafeated I made sure the player could not see or touch the enemy for a short while by making the player go through the enemy and making the enemy transparant, this can be done through the "Set movement" event, then i changed the walking route of the enemy, making sure that it avoids the player for a more random spot to respawn, when the enemy was away from the player it had to wait for 60 frames and come back to the map, changing the transparancy back and making the player able to touch the enemy again.

This way the enemy respawns after being defeated in a different place than it used to be.

I hope this helps!

Attachments

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
You can just make the "delete this event" after a successful battle and see if it's possible to transfer the event somewhere... Maybe it works? xD

NjoyStick

Villager
Xy$
You can just make the "delete this event" after a successful battle and see if it's possible to transfer the event somewhere... Maybe it works? xD
I tried using the "Erase Event" in different ways but it just "Erases" the event and i think it's alot of work to let the erased event appear somewhere else.

Thanks for the feedback! ^_^