Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOdie

Villager
Xy$
Hi guys, I'm trying to set the movement route of events via the script call feature.

I remember doing this in VX ACE and it being rather complicated where each movement command was assigned to a code. Anywho, here's the backbone of what' I'm attempting:

Within Common Event:
- Set Movement Route (Event ID)
Wait 60 frames (To prevent them from moving)

I'm not so great in coding so any help would be great :)

TheOdie

Villager
Xy$
Yeah, I made sure to look into this first before asking. Unfortunately, they didn't fill the set movement route. I appreciate the help though

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Is there a reason for using script calls? you can just use the editor to move events could you not?

There are more options to move events, the one i remember is this one. Let me know what you are trying to do and i will provide a better answer.

JavaScript:
$game_map.events[ID].moveto(x, y)

TheOdie

Villager
Xy$
I've created a common event that cues the paralysis outside of battle. What is does is:

- In parallel process, it check the events in the map that I've tagged with a paralysis. It looks like this:
(From Conditional Branch)> If: Script: Status[eventId][PAR] == 1

- After an amount of time, it chances to stun an event
- The paralysis animation shows on the event and then the event stops moving for a small amount of time (roughly 90 frames)
- I've shown the animation via script call as well
- Unfortunately, using the "wait for animation to finish" does not work.

I've gotten everything to work. All I need left is making the event stop moving for the 90 frames before it can move again. For the player's end: I used the 'set movement route' from the event menu to do this. For the event's end: I need to use a call script so I can use the event ID that's currently being checked. Thanks for helping :)

TheOdie

Villager
Xy$
That's a very useful plugin and I like how much extras it gives, but it still makes me stuck where I am.

A common event runs in parallel. It runs a for loop from k = 0 to k = 20.

If status [k][PAR] == 1
Set movement route (k); where k is the eventId
- wait 90 frames

In other words, I don't know which events are tagged with PAR. Sorry, I probably wasn't being as clear.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
I will try to replicate what you are trying to do, if you are able, upload your project and share it with me. :)

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Great ;)
[doublepost=1447855887,1447784170][/doublepost]So, do you want the player or the event to be paralyzed? That part was a bit unclear.

TheOdie

Villager
Xy$
Great ;)
[doublepost=1447855887,1447784170][/doublepost]So, do you want the player or the event to be paralyzed? That part was a bit unclear.
If you run the game, you see that the paralysis on the player works just fine. It's the paralysis on the event that I'm trying to do. You can see how everything works in the common event.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
There is your solution, it did take some time because i did not find this variable :

so if you want the event to stop moving you need to call the static variable _moveType on the $gameMap.event(eventID)
Now i do think you are able to fix your common event. Let me know if there is anything else i can help with.

TheOdie

Villager
Xy$
Oh wow, how embarrassing. I completely overlooked the moveType when I was coming up with the event. The wait process between switching from fixed to approach does slow the parallel process down a bit, though I know I can get around this with the help of another parallel process in the common events. Thanks for everything! It was really helpful :D

Status
Not open for further replies.