Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Requesting assistance with in battle portraits

Gear-Zs

Villager
Xy$
Hello everyone, I had a feature I wanted to implement into a project I'm working on

The idea is to have a standing portrait of the main character shown in battle, and change states based on armor durability. For example, When character's armor durability is >50, change the standing picture to another one, namely with the character roughed up. The state would only retore back to the original picture if the player went to get the armor restored at a shop or somewhere. I've seen it done in plenty of VX Ace projects, but haven't come across anything in MV.

The questions I had are, is this something I'd have to script in javascript? Is there a plugin for this already? or is this something I can produce strictly with events, If so any idea on how to approach making it happen.