Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request: Sleeping Sprites and other things

Axel

Villager
Xy$
Hey everybody, as you could imagine I'm developing a noncommercial game, I don't have any program like PhotoShop, so I cannot design the sprites, logos, backgrounds, and that kind of resources. The generator of MV is cool but a little limited in what expresive sprites is referred to, I can't create sprite of characters sleeping (at least not as far as I have used it) or any "special" sprite referred to a transformation of my Hero/Heroine.

It would be great if anyone could help me at least with the sleeping sprites.. :) thanks.

AmazingAvery

Towns Guard
Xy$
Gimp and Graphicsgale are both free and cover every aspect you need for maker-related stuff.
Gimp for drawing stuff and recolor, Graphicsgale for pixel art.
(And no, owning photoshop doesn't make you an artist.)

Axel

Villager
Xy$
Gimp and Graphicsgale are both free and cover every aspect you need for maker-related stuff.
Gimp for drawing stuff and recolor, Graphicsgale for pixel art.
(And no, owning photoshop doesn't make you an artist.)
Thanks, could you please give me the links???

Right, photoshop doesn't make you an artist but helps a lot in sprite edition.

Minty

Knight
Xy$
Tbh I really don't like Photoshop for sprite editing. Just Paint (Or Paintbrush if you're on a Mac (I will give a link asap)) works great for sprite editing. In example, I made these in Paintbrush.
Chars.png

Anyhow, if you need sprite editing help or a logo, I could lend a helping hand with that. I don't have any logo examples, but here's something I made in Photoshop a while ago.
Colors and people.png

Axel

Villager
Xy$
Anyhow, if you need sprite editing help or a logo, I could lend a helping hand with that. I don't have any logo examples, but here's something I made in Photoshop a while ago.
well, I really need help with the sprites and the logo... I'm not very good creating sprites and logos out of nothing.. so if you can help me I'll put you into my credits

Last edited:

Minty

Knight
Xy$
well, I really need help with the sprites and the logo... I'm not very good creating sprites and logos out of nothing.. so if you can help me I'll put you into my credits
I could definitely help out. Feel free to message me here telling me what help you'd need.