Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic Shop System

Panman14

Towns Guard
Xy$
Before I start, i'm not entirely sure where to post this so if this has to be moved or whatever my bad.

I wanted to know if there was a way to make a more realistic shop system where you (the player) go to a shelf in the shop, grab the item(s) of interest then go to the counter to checkout. I think this can be done by using a bunch of Variables and Switches but again, i'm not too sure how to go about implementing it.
The reason why I want my shop system set up this way is because in my game, my main character is a thief and I wanted to have a mini-game that would require him to sneak out of the store with stolen goods without being noticed by the people around him and such.

I've looked around a bit but still no luck. I'm not too sure if what i'm asking is or isn't possible through RPGMV defaults or though a plugin but if it isn't, I can provide more information on how the system would work in the event anyone would wish to make a plugin out of this.

Panman14

Towns Guard
Xy$
How so if you don't mind me asking? If it's able to be done through Eventing then I don't really mind putting forth a little extra work. My thing is I don't really have any ideas on how to go about setting this system up so if I can at least have a start then that would be great! :)