Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real Time Strategy Battle System

reisen

Adventurer
Xy$
Since MV will now have mouse support that means coders won't have to worry about path-finding problems. With this in mind, does this mean we should be able to see an RTS Battle system for RPG Maker MV anytime soon? There are alot of people who wanted to make RTS games with VX Ace but I haven't seen anyone working on it or releasing something. I can't fully assume that it isn't possible with VX Ace but it might be one of the cases we haven't seen an RTS script for VX Ace yet.

For those who don't know, a real time strategy battle system is used in Warcraft, Starcraft, C&C and probably some RTS games I'm not aware of.

Thoughts?

Cloud Knight

Praised Adventurer
with the ability to incorporate JavaScript into the game core, it is quite possible but it will be probably limited in term's of use. unless you will be able to program a bird eye isometric type of view. with a possible of like a 2.5D atmosphere!
which again depend's on the "plugin creator", or the "user's" ability with JavaScript / programming. as for the core engine nah not possible! with plug in's yes. as for eventing i mean i seen some really cleaver way, to avoid code to and make some SLICK event only type of things. BUT rts is deff, something alot more complicated !!!

so for the short cookie cutter answer, Game Core : No, eventing : meh and plugins : maybe!

Maebius

Knight
Xy$
I've played an ancient RTS game that did NOT use isometric view. it was a pure 8-bit tiled "map" that visually would have fit right in with the RM style. I'm honestly curious about attempting a vague sort of "tower defense" mini-game idea, to toy around with the engine and scripting options sans-plugins. :) probably not possible FULLY, but I figure it will be possible to fake it a bit. I cna see how even in VXAce it's possible, but when I tried was REALLY laggy and buggy, with my feeble Code-fu, so I gave up. worked, just not well.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
I personally can't stand TRPGs or RTS type games unless they can drag me in really quick with a good story.

Warcraft II was the only one I really got into.

As for the question, plugins should make that possible, you may be able to event it, too. But I won't be the one to find out.