Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick question about posting

iblamevictoria

Towns Guard
So I've made a post about my game project. It's the usual sort of thing you'd see, format-wise, but I had a question about posting changes. I'd like to add a lot to the post but don't know what's the "proper" way to do that.

Should I just edit the original post and risk people not seeing the changes, reply to the post with a changed version, just create a new post altogether, or something else that I haven't considered?

Sorry if this is covered in forum rules somewhere. Still kinda new.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like you are requesting help regarding forum rules about updating, so the first thing we are going to do is move this thread to Suggestions, Feedback, and Help.

Sometimes it makes sense to edit the original post. Those that are interested will see the changes. Major updates can be posted in new replies as needed. What I look for is people that post an update every twelve hours just to bump their project's exposure to the top of the list. If you already have a thread about your project, the last thing you would want to do it create a new thread; those tend to get deleted.

Last edited:

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
Yes, the simplest ways are often the best. I there have been no other posts since, editing your latest post is the way to do it. The System will 'flag' the edit as a New Post, so it will be seen (by those looking at New Posts, at least...). If there have been intermediate posts, a New Post would be appropriate.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Often, I edit the main post and make new reply to the thread saying that the main post was edited.