Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Shadows

Archangel

Villager
Xy$
Hey everyone, I am completely new to using RPG Maker MV and have found some guides to help me with making my first small map. Since I am already familiar with Photoshop I decided to go ahead and jump into parallax and ended up doing a lot on it. I have it where my character can walk behind objects and when they walk in a shadowy area they will be covered in the shadow realistically. Anyways my question is if I do a lot of parallax and shadows like this on multiple maps will I run into problems later on with lag, file size too big, etc? I am planning on working more on a story driven game than a massive rpg if that makes a difference.
first map.png

Last edited:

Archangel

Villager
Xy$
Thank you for the link. If I use that plugin shouId I still use Photoshop some for some lighting effects? The maps I am planning on making vary between small and medium size.

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Thank you for the link. If I use that plugin shouId I still use Photoshop some for some lighting effects? The maps I am planning on making vary between small and medium size.
No prob. (cute) Yes I believe you could use some for the lighting effects, and for also for the semi-transparency of the images. (cool)(thumbsup)