Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project AF1

Chaude

Villager
Xy$
This originally started as a small project for my FC peeps, but I wanted to continue to test my skills beyond writing (and my VN project) and thought to share it and its development with the greater RPG community.

This project is still in pre-alpha.

You find yourself caught in a whirlpool of energies called Esoterics, or Eso, that are beyond your understanding. Slowly, your numbed, ethereal mind begins to understand how it works and manipulate sentient lifeforms on an underdeveloped planet. You select four souls to seek out the Elemental Spirits and unshackle the chains that which entombs you. Once you set the pieces in motion, will the fruits of your labor grant what you desire most?

This is a story about adventuring with troubled companions, encountering fearful creatures, and longing for the mythical word called 'Peace.'

- Moral Choices: Both by the Player and by the Characters affects little and larger things in the story
- Main Story and Side Quests: To bookmark progress and gain incentive rewards
- Class Factions: Recruit cooperative, yet powerful factions and Learn other classes' abilities as your own
- Item Synthesis: Find Recipes and use base materials to craft various items
- Augmentations: Customize your gear for the situation at hand, or all around
- Skill Upgrades: Meld Eso into one's body to improve and train to enhance your techniques

*Note: You get to name the characters (and seeing about char creation in-game too)!

EsoTech Knight: An experimental class participant in mastering Eso into technological barrier devices. Having served the Ecium Government, you joined the military to support your parents, yet the recent violent direction of Ecium's policies makes you wonder what you should be doing with your life.

Royal Astrologian: A simple and content princess of the Moondrop Kingdom in the tundra northern continent. Learning the ancient art of Eso, your days are full of knowledge and intrigue, yet charitable of talent. Threats of Ecium invading over trade disputes is worrisome to see on your father's face. But on one night...

Mystic Blade: A self-proclaimed Lord over San Monti and its prairie and desert landscape. Having overthrown the last corrupt puppet regime to Ecium, you strive to better your people and fight off your former cutthroat pirate connections.

Deathwalker: Once alive, now cast into the Underworld to wander for a death you don't recall, you strike a deal with the Lord of the Underworld to be revived as a Deathwalker. Going out to re-balance the recent increase in mass killings, the mission is to seek out 1,000 demons and the one responsible for your death.

Ecium Faction
- EsoTech Knight:
Weapons: Sword and Shield
Skill Types: Sword, Shield, Eso (non-elemental), Heavy Barrier, Light Barrier Penetration, Holy, Darkness, and Group Taunt

- EsoTech Grenadier:
Weapons: Gun or Whip
Skill Types: Gun/Whip, Fire, Agi Debuff, Confusion Debuff, Agi and Luck Injury

- HexTech Knight:
Weapon: 2-H Swords
Skill Types: 2-H Swords, Darkness, Heavy Barrier Penetration, Light Barrier, HP and P.Def Debuff, and Single-target Taunt

- Temple Mystic:
Weapon: Staff
Skill Types: Staff, Holy, Regenerative Healing, Injury Recovery, M.Atk/Healing Stance, M.Atk Injury

- Hexmancer:
Skill Types: Staff, Darkness, Ice, Lightening, M.Atk Debuff, Frozen Debuff

Moondrop Faction
- Royal Astrologian:
Skill Types: Staff, Eso, Ancient Eso, Tarot, Burst Healing, Moderate Barrier

- Arcesseror:
Weapon: Spear
Skill Types: Spear, Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, P.Def and M.Def Buff, Elemental Buff, P.Atk and Agi Injury

- Astrologian:
Skill Types: Staff, Eso, Wind, Lightening, Healing, Light Barrier, Status Recovery

- Esomancer:
Weapon: 1-H Sword
Skill Types: Sword, Evasion, Water, Earth, P. Atk and M.Atk Buff, Counter, Group Taunt

- Summoner:
Skill Types: Staff, Summon Elemental Creatures, Elemental Reflection, Eso, Water, Wind, Single Taunt, Light Healing

San Monti Faction
- Mystic Blade:
Weapon: Duo Swords
Skill Types: Sword Combos, HP/MP Drain, Moderate Barrier Penetration, Fire, Ice, Elemental Weapon Imbuement, MP Recover, Single-target Taunt,

- Alchemist:
Skill Types: Staff, Lightening, Poison Debuff, Charm Debuff, M.Atk and MP Injury, Status Recovery, Stack-able Healing, P.Atk and P.Def Buff,

- Thief:
Weapons: Dagger
Skill Types: Dagger, Multi-Steal, P.Atk and P.Def Debuff, Agi Debuff, Cause P.Def and HP Injury, Light Barrier Penetration

- Rogue:
Weapons: Duo Daggers
Skill Types: Dagger Combos, Single-Steal, Darkness, Wind, HP Recover, Group Taunt, Heavy Barrier Penetration

Misc. Faction
- Deathwalker:
Weapons: Scythe or Crossbow
Skill Types: Scythe, Crossbow, Skill Auto-Learning, Summon Undead Creatures, Darkness, HP Drain,

- Skeletal Minion (DeathWalker Exclusive):
Weapon: Duo Swords
Skill Types: Sword Combos, Darkness, Status Immunity, Moderate Barrier Penetration

- TBD

Create 4 prologue chapters that shows the breath of the game mechanics while introducing the characters' backstories and lead-up to the main story.

Once the prologue chapters are completed, a demo will be released and change project status from pre-alpha to alpha.

It will be a long development, but I like the challenge, and I hope you're with me lol.

- Improving animation techniques (downloaded a number of them and made several so far)
- Improving map level design in general
- Coordinating music to scenes and battle themes
- Ensuring enough resources for a commercial-free/portfolio production
- Creating a diverse and engaging enough combat and progression mechanics

Short-term Progress
- 85% completed EsoTech Knight's prologue chapter
- 30% completed Royal Astro prologue chapter
- 10% and 15% completed for Mystic Blade and Deathwalker prologue chapters, respectively
- 35-40% done with database
- Ecium Classes 25-30% developed

Long-term Progress
- Finalized Synposis and direction of project
- Finalize Phase/Chapter 3-5 of the story (requires prologues to be finished)

Incompleted Projects
ARM: Game (VX engine, 40 hour gameplay challenge, up to 7-10 hours to date as lead writer)
RPGMaker VXAce and MV demo projects (learning the ropes with the software)

Completed Project(s)
Painted Heart (as Story and Dialogue Editor during the 1 month-long 2014 IGMC contest)

More to come as development progresses or upon request :)

That's it in a nutshell. Feel free to critique, suggest, or comment. After helping out the Painted Heart project on the other RPGMaker website, you won't offend me or hurt my feelings. : )

Last edited: