Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Count Dropping Fixed

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It was brought to our attention that some members' post counts were dropping.
Thanks to @LTN Games and @MinisterJay for getting to the bottom of it quickly.

They found out that members were deleting their old threads, causing all of the posts in them to disappear. This didn't seem right, because it affected other members.

I checked the permissions, and found that all non-moderator members were allowed to delete their own posts, but not their own threads (as the permissions should be).
However, the Sponsor group did have the ability to delete their own threads, unlike all of the other groups. It was most likely checked off by accident, so it has been changed so that Sponsors cannot delete their own threads, like everyone else.

The staff are currently in the process of reviving the deleted threads so that post counts return to normal.

Have a nice day.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Thanks for fixing it so fast~ I was really confused when I noticed it happening. If it only was the sponsors who could do that (without purpose) then I know who probably deleted his/her own threads. Whatever, thanks for the explanation and fixing(cute)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for fixing it so fast~ I was really confused when I noticed it happening. If it only was the sponsors who could do that (without purpose) then I know who probably deleted his/her own threads. Whatever, thanks for the explanation and fixing(cute)
Thank you for being one of the first to bring this to our attention. (icecream)

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I have also went through and made it so you can now only delete your post within 24 hours. After that, you have to contact a mod, or report it to have it deleted. Thank you everyone who helped with this. @MinisterJay @LTN Games and @sage for the fast response/fix.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
I have also went through and made it so you can now only delete your post within 24 hours. After that, you have to contact a mod, or report it to have it deleted. Thank you everyone who helped with this. @MinisterJay @LTN Games and @sage for the fast response/fix.
This seems to have graciously made it so you can't edit a post after 24 hours, so you might wanna look into that.