Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pokemon Style game with the Bestiary plugin

Vinyl7th

Villager
Xy$
I was wondering if anyone had any plans to make a pokemon style game where you can capture and train creatures now that the Bestiary plugin has been announced.

With the Bestiary plugin and general Javascript support, its not unrealistic to think that an online game could be made that would let players have their creatures battle another player's team online.

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. I'm loving all of the cool plugins that we should be getting from day one and its making me open up my mind to new ideas for what can be done with the engine.

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I would be interested in providing functionality that allows you to begin to build pokemon-style games.
It wouldn't be a pokemon starter kit directly, but if others are interested in providing additional scripts for it that's something we can put together.

DevoidOS

Knight
Xy$
It would definitely be possible however using Pokemon Essentials would still easier. All you had to do for it would be make the game normally and then retexture everything!

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
But having to write the core, such as the battle system, abilities, effects etc. It would take an eternity, unless there's a team dedicated for it :O

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I would like to see it happen, though it would take a dedicated team to see it released quickly, otherwise there will only be some scripts scattered around the net from various authors and no compatability lol.

Cloud Knight

Praised Adventurer
if this mean's anyone wants to form a team, to make this Pokemon type thing to happen.
i'll volunteer to help put in some work for it to be made possible.\
as long as i'm not the only one :P

Vinyl7th

Villager
Xy$
if this mean's anyone wants to form a team, to make this Pokemon type thing to happen.
i'll volunteer to help put in some work for it to be made possible.\
as long as i'm not the only one :P
I'm not planning on doing anything with it, but if anyone wants to pursue the idea I might try experimenting with some scripting for it. No promises though.