Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AceOfShades

Villager
Xy$
Pocket Wi-Fu is a "Mai Waifu"-catching RPG with an emphasis on dating sim mechanics, based on harem manga and anime. The title is a wordplay between Pocket Wi-Fi, "Waifu" and Kung-Fu(well only to the point that characters do battle in-game).

The goal in the game is similar to Pokemon, which is to beat 8 Highschool Senpais in a battle between waifus in their respective schools to earn their respective scrolls, which, if collected together gives one the chance to battle the 4 Sensei, but instead of fighting to be the best, in this world, it is the ultimate test to show your undying love for one specific Waifu, out of all the other ones.

And since it is a catch-them-all game, you have to make as much women to fall in love with you on your journey(which in turn become part of your party), and that's where the dating sim mechanics come in. Intimacy is counted as experience, and when it reaches maximum, the specific Waifu levels up. They do not evolve, but get transformations in later levels, that enable them to use more powerful moves before reverting back to their base form after some time. Intimacy can increase during dates or during battle as a way of expressing one's feelings for you.

There will be a Class type for each Waifu(like magical girl, mech pilot, etc), which determines that character's moveset and (dere-type) personality type(like tsundere, yandere, kuudere, undere, dandere etc.), which determines that character's speech patterns.

Did I mention that the currency in this game is "Pantsu"?

This is a project that I'm developing using RPG Maker MV, just for fun and some experience.
It's not a very complicated game, so almost anyone is welcome to join, but at least have interest in anime, manga and/or Japanese culture. It's not a serious kind of game, so I want to see it as humorous as possible.

I don't mind if some details of the are changed by it's release, I want to make this a game the way the team wants to make it. Any suggestions will be entertained.

The project needs:
  • Brainstormer(s)/Designer(s)
  • Writer
  • Storyboarder
  • 2D Artist(s)
    • (Tileset Artist, Sprite Artist, Portrait/Face/Body Artist, Concept Artist)
  • Sound Artist(s)
    • (BGM Artist, Environmental Sound Artist, Voice Artists**)
  • Scripter(s)
  • Event Programmer(s)
  • Mapper
  • Database Manager
* Workforce requirements may change over time.
** Not an absolute requirement, but a preference to people that can make voice-overs for Japanese roles.