Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plugin Request: Both Sides Take Damage

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am looking at having a combat system where both sides receive damage/possible damage with each attack, for melee attacks.

Each character chooses an attack and a defense before the round begins.

There are multiple combinations:

Attack and Counter Attack, but after a Counter Attack is performed all other attacks against that specific character receive a Weak Defend.
Attack and Defend, but after a Defend is performed, all other attacks against that specific character receive a Weak Defend.

Ranged and Weak Defend.

Magic and Magic Counter, but after Magic Counter, all other attacks against that specific character receive a Weak Defend.
Magic and Defend, but after Defend, all other attacks against that specific character receive a Weak Defend.
Magic and Magic Defend.

In this system the character and enemy both receive damage/potential damage with each melee attack. You may receive damage when you melee attack, and also when melee attacked.

Ranged and Magic are treated different.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Does any other games use this system?
Could this be done with Yanflys Damage Core plugin?
I will check. I am looking at something similar to melee attack units receiving damage like in the Civilization game series. It is almost basically two marble=like components colliding with each other.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
You have the option to write javascript in the note field and to choose when in the battle sequence that code should run, so my guess is that you could do it there.
I have used damage core to make skills cost a fixed amount of HP, hence i think that you can do what you describe. ;)