Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pixel artist and math genius for huge open world Adventure-RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
I read that as "pixel artist and math genius for hug", so I thought I could hire you with hugs. : (

That's okay I guess. Good luck with finding people! :D

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
I read that as "pixel artist and math genius for hug"
Same. :D

No one ever looks for musicians... I feel so useless. XD
Anyway, good luck with your project. Had a quick look and it looks quite promising. Hope you get your team together soon. :)

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@Kaimen: Don't make me stuff you into a box and make you work > : (

I don't know about math wizards, but I know we have some pixel artists around ^^

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer
Looks very interesting, if I had more time I would join in. However this doesn't mean you can't ask me for help on somethings. I will more than happy to help. o///o Also, welcome to the forums Sideroxylon, home of the friendliest known site I know. ^v^

Sideroxylon

Villager
Xy$
Looks very interesting, if I had more time I would join in. However this doesn't mean you can't ask me for help on somethings. I will more than happy to help. o///o Also, welcome to the forums Sideroxylon, home of the friendliest known site I know. ^v^
Thank you, I appreciate it. The biggest thing that I need right now, is really those people, I look for. xnx

Sideroxylon

Villager
Xy$
Well I'm no longer interested and a retired pixel artist but maybe I can help with the math. What kind of complex equations are you attempting to use that requires a high level genius in math?
I don't really need a high level mathematic, I just need someone who makes math stuff, without getting bored or annoyed. Someone who calculates just for fun. This person is supposed to balance the battlesystem and related things, which will certainly take time.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What type of mathematical genius? Are you looking at 4 or more standard deviations above the mean? There are differing areas of mathematics...statistics, quantum mechanics, differential equations, calculus, trigonometry, geometry, algebra, etc. Does the math genius need to know that i equals the square root of -1? Gaming aspects could incorporate the Pythagorean Theorem. I have taught Business Math and some of the minor mathematics; I have also tutored MBA and other college level students. On business side, I was a district manager for for financial analysis company. What type of math genius are you looking for? BTW, I am anti-common core, the destroyer of teaching student mathematics properly.

Sideroxylon

Villager
Xy$
"
Function description
In charge of anything involving math. - creating maps, buildings and other locations - balancing items, skills, classes, enemies - creating formulas for skills and classes - managing the event system - helping the designer on how to implement his idea
Requirements
Preferably a math/physics/chemistry/engineering lover. You already built several BIG buildings in Minecraft and people were stunned, because it looked so well. Preferably without copying existing buildings, but creating and inventing your own.
"
As stated here.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the clarification. I love math so much that I actually used knowing the properties of i to test my cognitive abilities while I was in the hospital for a subarachnoid hemorrhage (blood vessel pop in back of head). BTW, i is an imaginary number. It allows for people to calculate the square roots of negative numbers. A math person can help with calculating parallax max dimensions to fit the different map sizes for the RMMV program. So you need a building creator to figure things like, how the external dimensions of a building should compare proportionally to the internal levels. This person would also assist in making a new system for skills, classes, enemies, etc.

Sideroxylon

Villager
Xy$
Exactly. Thanks for your help. Though I'd rather lie sick as hell in a hospital for weeks instead of calculating something and obeying math/satan.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Same. :D

No one ever looks for musicians... I feel so useless. XD
Anyway, good luck with your project. Had a quick look and it looks quite promising. Hope you get your team together soon. :)
Useless? No way! I can always put a musician to work LOL xP I am actually friends with a pretty good one too though. He goes by Symphonic Madness on Youtube. Makes some pretty good game soundtracks. He's a bit strict on when he'd do it for a project though, since he's been ripped off before on his work (prefers when a project is close to done). But yeah, I like your music lol, it's pretty neat. >.> I always have to search endlessly for good audio to fit my projects.

LazyPat

Villager
Xy$
Hi Sideroxylon! I know this is a very old post but I was wondering if you found your pixel/sprite artist? I f not I wouldn't mind giving a hand, the only thing is that I'm not registered to any web site were I have posted my pixel art. If this is a BIG problem for you and your team I can always send some samples of my stuff. I am pretty used to doing Earthbound type sprites (Is also my preference) but I can manage pretty well any other type. So if you are interested you can reply on the forum, send me an E-Mail (lazypat.dev@gmail.com) or send me a skype message (Patrick26996). Whatever Floats Your Goat!
I look forward to hearing (reading) you answer!

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It would seem he hasn't been on since December, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.