Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Blogs?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello everyone, what would y'all feel about adding personalized blogs to the forum? *This would not tie into badges. Sorry* A place where you can make updates for anything you feel like. If you've made a huge update to your plugin your making, resource, game, etc. and you want to post about it, you can in your own blog. I know a lot of RM members have their own blog (Blogspot, wordpress.com, etc.) Why not just cut all that extra sites out, and host our own. (We're in the process of adding our own wiki).

What do you all feel about this. Is this something you'd like to see us have? Would you use it?

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
I'm generally not opposed to the idea of having personal blogs here. I'm not actually one to use one since music creation is not really blogging material, at least not for me. But for ongoing projects it might be a great thing to have. Maybe with a follow option to be kept up to date. :)

Wize1

Adventurer
Xy$
Personally I would rather just have external sites serve as blogs and such and we can just link to those sites. Just my 2 cents.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Blogs can be useful when you have a game in development, plus being able to host your files in the same site is a really good idea for developers. I have no problem with having personal blogs here, should be fun.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Maybe we could make these personal blogs with the option to disable it if someone doesn't need one. I think a blog is a good idea to follow the progress.

PAC918

Towns Guard
@PAC918
Thats an idea. But I think we could just open a thread for a collaborative game and make a blog there, couldn't we ?
That could be done as well but for resources, tools and such to be shared across the team without leaving this site could be beneficial. Same as it would be if an external site was to be used for that type of project.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm unsure if I'd be able to do a collaboration blog, as it's designed for single use sadly.

Hello everyone, what would y'all feel about adding personalized blogs to the forum? *This would not tie into badges. Sorry* A place where you can make updates for anything you feel like. If you've made a huge update to your plugin your making, resource, game, etc. and you want to post about it, you can in your own blog. I know a lot of RM members have their own blog (Blogspot, wordpress.com, etc.) Why not just cut all that extra sites out, and host our own. (We're in the process of adding our own wiki).

What do you all feel about this. Is this something you'd like to see us have? Would you use it?
Any thing that brings the community together and allows easier access to finding information , I'm all for.