Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[Over 1,000 MV Icons] RPGMakerAce Converted to MV (Update1) 11/26/2015

No permission to download

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@KR_TheRise Do you have a list of credits for these icons? If you didn't create these, we need to be sure that:
  • A. The artists are okay with their work being edited and redistributed.
  • B. These icons don't belong to any commercial works, as is sometimes the case with these huge iconsets.
I appreciate the work - we've just gotta be sure it's okay to use all of these! :)

Last edited:

KR_TheRise

Villager
Xy$
These icons were originally compiled from the RPGMakerVXAce community, and all the artists have allowed their work to be edited and distributed.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@KR_TheRise Glad to hear it - can we get a copy, or at least a link to that credits list on the main post? That'll make it easier for everyone here who'd like to use it. :)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
As Amy has said, please provide all credits, currently the link you provided only shows a few credits for the artists and I see Avery in there as well as my MV icons I created and still no proper credits listed. The creator of this icon sheet has also not provided a link back to this site for using the icons I've made exclusive to this community. Anyways please get back to us and let us know.
Cheers :D

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
all the artists have allowed their work to be edited and distributed.
Hopefully not limited to VXAce...
[doublepost=1448386214,1448386014][/doublepost]Does this contain any other rpg maker assets then it is copyrighted, that is why i asked ;)

KR_TheRise

Villager
Xy$
I will remove all icons that I have not seen either been available for free use or I cannot find the credits for. I will also give credit where credit is due, and I will post who to credit for each icon. This should be finished no later than tomorrow, so be sure to check back soon.
Cheerios! :D

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Dear god not another of these bloody things.

I will remove all icons that I have not seen either been available for free use or I cannot find the credits for. I will also give credit where credit is due, and I will post who to credit for each icon. This should be finished no later than tomorrow, so be sure to check back soon.
Cheerios! :D
If you want to go for it, just sounds like a lot of effort for very little payoff.

Though it is nice of you to bring these along. Just, yeah I'm gonna go into some of the reasons why people seem to have instant chagrin with these sorts of "master iconsets".

The people who will seek out iconsets like this are one of three:
A.) Over-ambitious enough to never finish a game.
B.) Too Lazy to make their own custom iconset. In the same vein, too lazy to properly finish their game.
C.) Someone who has the time to take out the icons he wants and credit accordingly.

Of the three above, A and B are not even the main the reasons I and many others have an ingrained hatred of these master iconsets. A and B are also the most common, and have much less chance of crediting the work. Lack of proper credit is the reason most have disdain for these.

Also there's the issue that an iconset of this magnitude will also greatly increase the games size, you will NEVER find a use for all 7000 icons even if you tried, it's a bit of simple math.

States, Weapons, Armors, Items, Skills, you can have just short of a 1000 of each.

So 4995 icons, is still too few for this iconset by a good couple grand.

And you should never need or want that many. Even for large scale over-ambitious games like Beyond reality or Menagerie: Remastered.

Can't speak for BR, but M:R has an iconset like this.

It's a game with 32 weapons, 64 accessories and over 120 items, each of these have unique icons.

Yet the iconset is still accountable, managed and small. This is also including all the states, system icons (the icon for gold and xp for instance). It's 126 kilobytes. Next to nothing. Even in MV scale, it's still barely exceed 180 kb. 320 icons in total.

Up that by 7,000, and you're going to have load time issues with something that should be instant. Let's do some more very rough math, let's say we generously only multiply 180kb by 15. Your iconset is now 2.7 megabytes, the grand majority of that being dead weight.

KR_TheRise

Villager
Xy$
Dear god not another of these bloody things.

If you want to go for it, just sounds like a lot of effort for very little payoff.

Though it is nice of you to bring these along. Just, yeah I'm gonna go into some of the reasons why people seem to have instant chagrin with these sorts of "master iconsets".

The people who will seek out iconsets like this are one of three:
A.) Over-ambitious enough to never finish a game.
B.) Too Lazy to make their own custom iconset. In the same vein, too lazy to properly finish their game.
C.) Someone who has the time to take out the icons he wants and credit accordingly.

Of the three above, A and B are not even the main the reasons I and many others have an ingrained hatred of these master iconsets. A and B are also the most common, and have much less chance of crediting the work. Lack of proper credit is the reason most have disdain for these.

Also there's the issue that an iconset of this magnitude will also greatly increase the games size, you will NEVER find a use for all 7000 icons even if you tried, it's a bit of simple math.

States, Weapons, Armors, Items, Skills, you can have just short of a 1000 of each.

So 4995 icons, is still too few for this iconset by a good couple grand.

And you should never need or want that many. Even for large scale over-ambitious games like Beyond reality or Menagerie: Remastered.

Can't speak for BR, but M:R has an iconset like this.

It's a game with 32 weapons, 64 accessories and over 120 items, each of these have unique icons.

Yet the iconset is still accountable, managed and small. This is also including all the states, system icons (the icon for gold and xp for instance). It's 126 kilobytes. Next to nothing. Even in MV scale, it's still barely exceed 180 kb. 320 icons in total.

Up that by 7,000, and you're going to have load time issues with something that should be instant. Let's do some more very rough math, let's say we generously only multiply 180kb by 15. Your iconset is now 2.7 megabytes, the grand majority of that being dead weight.
When I revise all of it, it will likely be less than 1,000 icons.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Lol it's alright. I was just stating that no one would think less of you if you decided not to.

I've gotta give you props, really! The sort of devotion to sort through and credit all of these, or what feasibly can be, is something most just don't have the stomach or patience for.

Asoutra

Villager
Xy$
Hello , I do not understand. I have black cube on top of enemies in battle , and apparently it would be due to the icons, can you help me please ? I use the pack of 7000 icons and I would not remove it please.

KR_TheRise

Villager
Xy$
Hello , I do not understand. I have black cube on top of enemies in battle , and apparently it would be due to the icons, can you help me please ? I use the pack of 7000 icons and I would not remove it please.
Currently, the icons that you are using are not safe for copyright, so I suggest you remove them temporarily. Don't worry though, I will update the icon-list so it can be used for commercial use.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Your states in the database are using a transparent or void icon.

States show above the battlers head, just update your state icons, yo.

Asoutra

Villager
Xy$
A big thank you for your answers.

Currently, the icons that you are using are not safe for copyright, so I suggest you remove them temporarily. Don't worry though, I will update the icon-list so it can be used for commercial use.
Thank you for the moment I do not intend to make commercial use but I still remains up to date with this post; D

Your states in the database are using a transparent or void icon.

States show above the battlers head, just update your state icons, yo.
What state uses the battlers? the icon with the ID 0 ?
Do I have to change the transparent icons via Photoshop , for example ?

How to change the basic state icon of a battler ? I do not see where a problem, they all appear on a transparent background with icons where nothing

Last edited:

Asoutra

Villager
Xy$
Database > States.

It's possible a black icon is replacing most of your states.

Currently , I only have 10 states and they all have an icon . I watch the case, if it was not apparrement modules but this is not the case it is because icons . I left the bases 10 states , what state is the default for battlers when the fight starts ?

KR_TheRise

Villager
Xy$
Currently , I only have 10 states and they all have an icon . I watch the case, if it was not apparrement modules but this is not the case it is because icons . I left the bases 10 states , what state is the default for battlers when the fight starts ?
Please send screenshots, so I can help you. Are you using any plugins that would affect the states?

Asoutra

Villager
Xy$
Please send screenshots, so I can help you. Are you using any plugins that would affect the states?

Sorry for the wait ... I tried turning off all the modules but it does not change apparently .
[doublepost=1449308573,1448879010][/doublepost]Thank you for the update , my problem is resolved, it remains only to wait for the 7000 icons X3

A big thank you for the work

KR_TheRise

Villager
Xy$

Sorry for the wait ... I tried turning off all the modules but it does not change apparently .
[doublepost=1449308573,1448879010][/doublepost]Thank you for the update , my problem is resolved, it remains only to wait for the 7000 icons X3

A big thank you for the work
Ill be sure to update the sprites this following weekend, I've been super busy with school and I wasn't able to spend time on my work for MV, but Ill be sure to get time this weekend.
(Ive also been playing maplestory, :3)