Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie Indie Game Dev

samorious

Towns Guard
Hello everyone,

I have been watching these forums for some months, though I never created an account. Today I decided it could be very usefull for my further game development. Before I introduce myself it is needed to be said that the people in this community are the best I have seen yet. Furthermore, excuse me if my English is not as good as it should be, I am from the Netherlands.

I am an 18 year old high school student. Drawing has always been a big subject in my life. For four years I have been heavily addicted to gaming, because of all the games that I played I realized that somewhere deep down inside of me I also wanted to create a game. Since I discovered RPG Maker MV I finally saw the opportunity since I wasn't able to work with Unity or any other game engine(I am horrible at programming, and not to insult anyone. I don't think its worth my time in learning it). With the RPG Maker software I have more time for the actual design and story, wich I love to do.

In the past half year I have been experimenting a lot with the engine and its graphic possibilities and I learned a lot.
I decided to make a top down perspective instead of the classic 3/4. Down below you will see images of the maps I have created so far. Any ideas or improvements are always welcome!

Greetings to you all,
samorious

Home Area:
!$Home Area Map.png
Protaginst' Home
!$Home Map Inside.png

Last edited:

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Welcome to the forums man! I like seeing new artists joining the forum, it's cool to see new talent appearing. Also don't worry about being from the Netherlands because we have a lot of people from across the world, and your English seems fine to me!

Btw I like the top-down perspective you're doing for your game! Also the painted look is nice. Eventually if you wanted to, you could post something in Theory and Development, or Projects Under Development. I'd love to see more about your game!

samorious

Towns Guard
Helloo
[doublepost=1456508237,1456508201][/doublepost]
Hi @samorious , and welcome to the forums. I like it when people try new perspectives on how a game is viewed. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
I´ll be working on it :-)
[doublepost=1456508306][/doublepost]
Welcome to the forums man! I like seeing new artists joining the forum, it's cool to see new talent appearing. Also don't worry about being from the Netherlands because we have a lot of people from across the world, and your English seems fine to me!

Btw I like the top-down perspective you're doing for your game! Also the painted look is nice. Eventually if you wanted to, you could post something in Theory and Development, or Projects Under Development. I'd love to see more about your game!
Thanks man!! I'll post more when I have more done. Video in the making right now to get a first impression.

Akod

Praised Adventurer
Welcome to the forum!

I don't see why you're apologizing for your English, it's honestly better than that of some of my friends who have English as their first (for some, their only) language. As for your game, I like the idea of changing it to top down perspective. For being something that sounds like it would be somewhat common, I think I've only ever seen one or two RM games around that did it. And the art you are using looks fantastic; a great change from the rtp style that most graphics are modeled after.

I hope to see you around!

samorious

Towns Guard
Welcome to the forum!

I don't see why you're apologizing for your English, it's honestly better than that of some of my friends who have English as their first (for some, their only) language. As for your game, I like the idea of changing it to top down perspective. For being something that sounds like it would be somewhat common, I think I've only ever seen one or two RM games around that did it. And the art you are using looks fantastic; a great change from the rtp style that most graphics are modeled after.

I hope to see you around!
Thanks man! If everything goes well you'll be hearing a lot from me ;-)

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Hey and welcome to the forums :D Sorry for me being late, I'm always late(sleep) You have some cool topview maps there and quite talent for making custom things. The maps are stunning~
Anyways have fun here in the forum and see you around, here you have ice cream (icecream)

samorious

Towns Guard
Hey and welcome to the forums :D Sorry for me being late, I'm always late(sleep) You have some cool topview maps there and quite talent for making custom things. The maps are stunning~
Anyways have fun here in the forum and see you around, here you have ice cream (icecream)
Thank you, great icecream btw :-)