Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[New Game] Trading Card Game Recruitment and Help!

tsibley13

Villager
Xy$
Hello there, beautiful RPG scholars! (cheeky) I'm new in this community so if this post is misplaced, please let me know and I will take care of it. I used to be part of a free RPG making team back when RPG Maker XP and VX was the thing but my job made me take a few years away from the system. Five months ago, I found out about RPG Maker MV and the mobile exporting support and I just knew I had to make a new project.

I am currently working with a small team on a TCG/RPG game based on a simple "collect cards, evolve your characters and fight your way to the top" kind of system. The game features its own lore (which is pretty awesome to be honest (wink)), characters and main story. The player must fight against opponents in 2-3 minutes battles where strategy and bluff are everything, evolve his characters (cards) and make it's reputation known throughout the in-game world. The game will introduce more than 100 characters with rich backstories, art and different abilities.

Anyways, let's go straight to the topic of this post:

I am a story writer and used to be a part of a team working on a fan-made Pokémon game using Pokémon Essentials as one of the directors, until the team left the project unfinished. From that team, I become friends with a guy who played Magic The Gathering, and because Yu-Gi-Oh! was a great part of my childhood, the idea of a TCG was born. He is currently part of the team and is responsible for the graphical design and character creation. One friend of his, also interested on this project has been helping us with the financial part (he basically bought us RPG Maker MV and is taking care of all the art copyright part) and is currently in charge of balancing the game, reviewing the main story and the game's lore.

Two months ago, however, we had our short team cut even shorter because a guy from our team who also worked on the Pokémon Cobalt project had to left the project due to personal issues and told left some of the game's scripts unfinished. Since we learn that MV works with java scripting as well we thought about asking for someone who wants to become part of this project as a scripting tweaker (which we all tried to do but without success) and/or as a scripter as well. The game is to be released for PC and eventually to mobile devices for free, if the game gets well-received.

So if anyone here could help us find out where we can find scripts that suit this kind of game or battle system or anyone who sells/makes requested scripts we would be beyond grateful as this project is probably our last RPG Maker project and we'd love to make a big splash in the RPG Maker community! (tongue)

Thanks for reading the long and obnoxious cry for help,
Team Rivalry (smile)

tsibley13

Villager
Xy$
Wait, I want to ask this clearly. You're looking for someone who would do your trading card game script? Is this a paid work?
Of course I wouldn't mind finding someone who would like to join the team and do it for free. (wink) But let's be realistic, that's very unlikely to happen. So yes, sure - we are willing to pay reasonable prices for scripts/plugins.