Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MVStripper - Remove Unwanted Assets

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Yeah heh I got to the point where I removed them all and put them in a separate folder that I fish from when I need something. That 500 MB size is nuts.

That 500 MB size is nuts.
Not only that, if it's going to be playable on a website (or even a mobile device) most probably won't be able to cope with it. When I first started playing with MV and uploaded what would later officially become The Adventures of Tryggr, there was a bit of lag here and there as it loaded the assets. And that was only for 50Mb. It played quite well on my phone, but took up a bit of storage. This tool will definitely be useful.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
I was looking for one of these as soon as I started on my project, lol. Nice find!

Can we get some credit for the guy who made it in the top post?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
There we go I sprinkled a little bit a credit on the top post lol. This tool is more than helpful, he's also created a DLC resizer which is the best one I used yet.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
I think it was to make everything being built into the program from the start a selling point, lol. Open the program, all of the tiles are right in the engine, all of the character creation assets are right there, etc. It makes starting a project easier, but it is a bit of an inconvenience if you don't intend to use all of the assets.

Holder

Towns Guard
Xy$
I could understand that @Amysaurus if it were one of the console RMs, but the end user still works with files and folders whilst then managing the database internally.
Like not having the importer and exporter shows that they didn't intend for people to do what this tool does, if you know what I mean.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
The importer and exporter were left out in order to keep the download size as small as possible, among other odd things that were chosen. I've heard that it may make a comeback in an update, but that was speculation at best. But yeah, not one of their better ideas.