Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster Garden [Released]

Zack

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hi! I somehow just discovered this forum, but I've been working on my game for 1.5 years!

I'm doing the graphics and programming, and two friends are doing sound and music.

It's as simple as walking around, exploring weird areas, and meeting monsters to live in your garden.
But there are many mysteries...and a lot of dialogueーbut not your USUAL dialogue, shall we say.

There are 16 playable monsters, but you can only meet 4-6 on one playthrough, and the game is short (around 20 minutes), so it's all about replayability. :D

Here's Monster Garden's page on itch.io, with a Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 6.37.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 7.59.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 8.25.48 PM.png demo:
wzackw.itch.io/monster-garden

The game is also on Steam Greenlight, and could use your vote. :)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905017346

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like what you have done. I have downloaded the demo, and will look at it later. People do not realize all the possibilities when using RPG Maker.

You can also put this as a Demo Resource, if you want even more exposure.

Zack

Towns Guard
Xy$
I like what you have done. I have downloaded the demo, and will look at it later. People do not realize all the possibilities when using RPG Maker.

Thanks a lot! :)

And sorry for my ignorance, but since I'm new here, I've been searching around the site trying to figure out what you meant about Demo Resources. Does that mean people can use my assets, or just that I upload the demo to play? I think I saw a page of demos but I couldn't find how to post my own...

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Monster Garden qualifies as both a Project Under Development and a Demo. I have a bunch of my demos and complete games in both itch.io and our forum's Resource Demos and Completed Games. You can the put same info you have here, in the Demos area. You can put you itchi.io page link, in the download part of the create new resource.

Direct link: https://rpgmakermv.co/resources/categories/demos.6/

Zack

Towns Guard
Xy$

Also, if you wanna play it, you can use this link instead (it's a secret browser version with more content than the itch demo):
http://wzackw.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/12/www/index.html

(I was keeping that secret cause it gives away most of the game, but feel free to try it...and then if you like it feel free to vote yes (or no) on Steam afterwards. :O :) )
[doublepost=1495487486,1495487444][/doublepost]
Monster Garden qualifies as both a Project Under Development and a Demo. I have a bunch of my demos and complete games in both itch.io and our forum's Resource Demos and Completed Games. You can the put same info you have here, in the Demos area. You can put you itchi.io page link, in the download part of the create new resource.

Direct link: https://rpgmakermv.co/resources/categories/demos.6/
Ah cool, thanks for explaining, I'll do that!
[doublepost=1501437052][/doublepost]A lot of updates! I changed some of the basic colors of the garden, created a bunch of furniture for level 3, and started working on the monster party that wraps up the game!

New ground, rock and sky colors!

Even more sky colors!

Furniture!

And PARTY TIME!!

You can get more updates on Twitter @_monstergarden or my dev log. :)
[doublepost=1504111894][/doublepost]I'm in the process of adding portraits to the game! Like so:

And here are some more examples:

Also, I'm looking for beta testers to test the near-final version before I release! Let me know if you're interested!

The game only takes 20-40 minutes, and I'll send it out in around 2 weeks! :)
[doublepost=1505809193][/doublepost]I made a new Monster Garden trailer! Tried to keep it under one minute to stay fresh and interesting. :)

What do you think?