Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minimap Addon: AutoHide Addon

Minimap Addon: AutoHide Addon 1.3

No permission to download

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
TheUnproPro submitted a new resource:

Minimap Addon: AutoHide Addon - An auto-hide/reveal addon for the minimap.

This plugin will require at least version 2.1 of the Minimap Pro plugin, found here.

This addon makes it so that the minimap hides its self while moving, and after sitting still for a set number of frames, it reveals its self.

There is also a new plugin command, mmToggleHide, which will toggle rather or not the minimap is hidden or revealed during events.
Read more about this resource...

Crabs

Villager
Xy$
Thanks for sharing it!

I also have a suggestion to improve it. To fit my project, I made a small change to hide the mini-map during dialogs as well.

On 100th line, I added the following expression:

if(!$gamePlayer.isMoving() && !$gameMessage.isBusy())

So, if a person choose to display the map on the right-bottom corner, which is also where the message window is displayed, the map hides the text. Modifying the code like I did fix the issue.

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
Thanks for sharing it!

I also have a suggestion to improve it. To fit my project, I made a small change to hide the mini-map during dialogs as well.

On 100th line, I added the following expression:

if(!$gamePlayer.isMoving() && !$gameMessage.isBusy())

So, if a person choose to display the map on the right-bottom corner, which is also where the message window is displayed, the map hides the text. Modifying the code like I did fix the issue.
Thanks! I'll update that right away and credit you via comment <3

VGMMarkH

Villager
Xy$
the map works great but when it comes to saveing then quiting and loading I get this.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined
at Minimap_Display.initialize (/C:/Users/mark/Documents/Games/sneak/js/plugins/upp_minimapPro.js:287)
at new Minimap_Display (/C:/Users/mark/Documents/Games/sneak/js/plugins/upp_minimapPro.js:274)
at Scene_Map.update (/C:/Users/mark/Documents/Games/sneak/js/plugins/upp_minimapPro.js:1722)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1829)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1790)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1714)
Clipboard is not enabled in hosted mode. Please inspect using chrome://inspect

any ideas?

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
the map works great but when it comes to saveing then quiting and loading I get this.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined
at Minimap_Display.initialize (/C:/Users/mark/Documents/Games/sneak/js/plugins/upp_minimapPro.js:287)
at new Minimap_Display (/C:/Users/mark/Documents/Games/sneak/js/plugins/upp_minimapPro.js:274)
at Scene_Map.update (/C:/Users/mark/Documents/Games/sneak/js/plugins/upp_minimapPro.js:1722)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1829)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1790)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1714)
Clipboard is not enabled in hosted mode. Please inspect using chrome://inspect

any ideas?
when playtesting, you have to start a new game. At the time I didn't know how to append data to a saved file

VGMMarkH

Villager
Xy$
ok thanks for reply but i did encounter this same problem when i published the game as a test to see if the error
was resolved.
so im not complaining just checking i guess.

this error is for editing versions and Published versions of projects?

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
I really should work on a new one, I'm sorry for any issues... I'll be sure to create a fix next time I remake the plugin

VGMMarkH

Villager
Xy$
dude its ok I'm just sayin I'm seeing if I can use a work around with the project anyway. the plugin is the best mini map plugin ive found.

really gratefull for your hard work! thanks so much.

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
thanks =D And hopefully you can <3 still, I might re-write it anyway, I think I've gotten better at coding enough to improve the fk out of it lol