Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make party members not follow you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Questions

Villager
Xy$
I 'm having troubles wording this. But how do you go about making the party members not follow. I want them to be in my party, and that's it.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Well.. do you want to do this forever? do it as an event or even with a script?

Go to Database -> System -> Options -> Uncheck "Show player Followers"

Questions

Villager
Xy$
Well.. do you want to do this forever? do it as an event or even with a script?

Go to Database -> System -> Options -> Uncheck "Show player Followers"
I want them to not follow at the beginning, and then later on I only want 1 to show even though you have like 5. How do I do this?

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
This is just a proof of concept. I dont want to write the plugin for you, I can, but i want you to do it yourself , but if you can't do it yourself let me know and i will fix it for you.

Missing code is checks for actual party size, so that you can not call the script with more then your max party size.
Plugin variables for setting your initial size.
A way to call the script from an event, like Map info or Comment so you can change party members after your map criteria.

The code that changes the followers is : gameParty.variablePartySize(3)

Code:
//=============================================================================
// ET_Test.js
//=============================================================================

/*:
* @plugindesc Test.
* @author Eivind Teig
* @help Test
*/

(function() {

Game_Party.prototype.variablePartySize = function(e) {
  return e;
};

Game_Followers.prototype.initialize = function() {
    this._visible = $dataSystem.optFollowers;
    this._gathering = false;
    this._data = [];
    for (var i = 1; i < $gameParty.variablePartySize(3); i++) {
        this._data.push(new Game_Follower(i));
    }
};

})();
[doublepost=1445776070,1445775911][/doublepost]So, regarding more help, i can write it for you, wrote this on the buss on my way home from work, i am limited by the fact that i have not that much experience with the actual core code. ;)

Let me know what help you want and i will provide what i can! I will ofc write the plugin if you can not continue with what i have provided ;)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Locking thread, due to being solved, if for any reason you want this opened back up please report the post or tell a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.