Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost in a new world

Allonon23

Villager
Xy$
I am new to rpg makers. MV will be my second! I actually played the RPG Maker on PlayStation through an emulator and very much liked it. MV is a lot more complicated but it hasn't been to hard so far. Though a manual to explain some things would be appreciated.
I consider myself to be a pretty avid gamer and I have many ideas that want to burst through my skull! I'm really excited to have found the wonders of this holy grail for gamers like myself.
Like I mentioned a manual would be great if anyone knows of such a thing. For now, I'm new to MV, as also mentioned, if anyone would like to be my friend and help answer all my annoyingly dumb questions. :D
I'd like to point out before hand that I'm not stupid. Just slow. I'm actually very smart. I just have difficulty focusing on one thing for too long. I'm like an over grown man-child.

Allonon23

Villager
Xy$
Very punny, So than shadowed visitor. Do you bring aid or nay? I have a few questions about MV. Though I can't seem to remember them at the moment... :/

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Hi Allonon, and welcome to the forum!

I don't know of a manual for MV being out at the moment, but there are some really good tutorials out there, especially on Youtube, and our support staff is awesome if you have any burning questions. If you need to know anything about graphics specifically, feel free to send a message my way! :)

I hope you enjoy it here! I don't think you'll have any trouble making friends with anyone - we're all pretty friendly folks!

Allonon23

Villager
Xy$
Speaking of graphics Amysaurus, that jogged my memory on a question. I have a few dlc for MV that are supposed to give me a few new outfits. They didn't come with the TVD files though... This pains me. A specific one is called WednesdayFreebies. Know anything about that? I'm not going to lie. I don't remember getting any dlc but I seem to have all or most of the ones released on steam already. I may have got the bundle pack though and not realized.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi @Allonon23 . Welcome to the forums. Read earlier that you were smart. Approximately how many standard deviations above the mean on the intelligence quotient?

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
*puts up way signs*
There. Now you're not gonna get lost. :)
Okay. And now, welcome to the forum where there's no "envy" only "MV". You're probably gonna make a lot of friends on here, you won't be able to avoid that. ^_^
And if you have any questions regarding music, I'm your guy just as @Amysaurus is your dino for art. :3

Allonon23

Villager
Xy$
I also pointed out that I'm slow. And I have no idea what you just asked. If you mean whats my IQ, I have no idea. So... I dunno is my answer. I realize also I said very smart. This is incorrect. I meant something along the lines of "Quite" smart. As in I'm not dumb.. I was just pointing out I'm not dumb. I'm sorry the confusion... D:
[doublepost=1451802451,1451802239][/doublepost]Thank you, Kaimen. As for music. I have no problems at them moment. It's the math that urks me. OR code... Whatever it is.

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Hello Al! Welcome to the forum. unfortunately I'm pretty new to RPG Maker as well, so I can't offer much help ;_; but there are tons of people around who definitely can answer your questions! for scripts/plugins, @eivl is definitely your guy

as for other stuff, I'm not too sure since I haven't asked many questions myself yet. but if you do remember what you wanted to know, you should definitely make a thread ^^

anyways, welcome again, hope to see you around more!

He asked about your generalized cognitive quotient calculated against a standard deviation curve _+ (Just tell him you are 4 deviations ahead)

Last edited:

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Welcome to the forums @Allonon23 , glad you signed up. There is the MV help file, if you open the program and press F1 you may find what is in there rather useful. You can always feel free to ask in MV Support, there are many great people here who may be able to help. Anyways, I look forward to seeing you around, cheers :D

Allonon23

Villager
Xy$
Thanks everyone, particularly you LTN, that was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Regardless of whether or not it explains everything, at least it's a start.

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
I am new to rpg makers. MV will be my second! I actually played the RPG Maker on PlayStation through an emulator and very much liked it. MV is a lot more complicated but it hasn't been to hard so far. Though a manual to explain some things would be appreciated.
I consider myself to be a pretty avid gamer and I have many ideas that want to burst through my skull! I'm really excited to have found the wonders of this holy grail for gamers like myself.
Like I mentioned a manual would be great if anyone knows of such a thing. For now, I'm new to MV, as also mentioned, if anyone would like to be my friend and help answer all my annoyingly dumb questions. :D
I'd like to point out before hand that I'm not stupid. Just slow. I'm actually very smart. I just have difficulty focusing on one thing for too long. I'm like an over grown man-child.
:D Yay more members! If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it!

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Welcome! =) ask me anything about scripting or in general use of the editor and i might just be able to help you ;)