Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Opinions About These Ideas

Noctis

Villager
Xy$
So, for the game I am making I have designed the main characters and some other important characters. Now, the problem is I will be needing a spriter to do their sprites, and a graphic artist who can help me for the faces. Since I'm having trouble to find someone who will help me since I can't offer a payment, here is the solution I came up with:

For the faces that will be use in message box, since I'm quite good in drawing manually (not using mouse in a pc lol), I'll just draw the faces and give them a proper pencil shading since I'm not really good at coloring. So basically, the faces will appear in a greyscale mode.

I also came up with the idea of using images for some cutscenes to tell the story instead of using events to make a scene. Like the one in MGS Peacewalker game in psp, only this time, the images are not animated, just still images showing what's happening. These images will also be hand drawn and in greyscale mode (confused)

What do you think? Will it be good?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
If you're a good artist with a pencil, I may be able to help color them in for you, I have to tell you though I have very little experience coloring but I really enjoy it and I have only done the coloring/shading for my game on a few battlers RiseEvil drew by pencil. I will show some examples and if you like them, then I would have no problem helping you out with your faces, but I'm no pro, I just enjoy coloring. Anyways aside from that I like your ideas, the pictures to explain the story instead of cutscenes would actually be pretty nice, and if you decide to do face images like you suggested I would make sure your story or game explains why it is done in such a way so it don't seem to be off form the rest of the game.
Sock Demon Colour.png
Corrupted sock Shaded.png

Noctis

Villager
Xy$
If you're a good artist with a pencil, I may be able to help color them in for you, I have to tell you though I have very little experience coloring but I really enjoy it and I have only done the coloring/shading for my game on a few battlers RiseEvil drew by pencil. I will show some examples and if you like them, then I would have no problem helping you out with your faces, but I'm no pro, I just enjoy coloring. Anyways aside from that I like your ideas, the pictures to explain the story instead of cutscenes would actually be pretty nice, and if you decide to do face images like you suggested I would make sure your story or game explains why it is done in such a way so it don't seem to be off form the rest of the game.
I really appreciate your offer but I can't pay money (aww) unless you're doing it for free (cute) or maybe I can use my skill in hand drawings as a payment lol. I might just stick on making the images that will be used in the scenes appear on greyscale because that will surely need a lot of time to color.
As for the faces (cheeky) this is what the style I want though

(just found it in the internet)

Doesn't have to be that great but with shadings like anime style (cheeky) (I don't know what it's called, the sharp edges of color shadings)

Otherwise, I'll just make them greyscale too. Although I can't really think of a way to explain in the game why they are not colored except for the fact that I can't color them pretty well myself (snicker)

Thanks for your opinion by the way (cheeky)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Yea I was offering free of charge, and yea drawings would be an awesome payment, I'm just unsure what I would request. Either way, I have no problem giving it a try, I can't make a promise it will look perfect but never hurts to try it anyways. As for your cutscene images, yea that would take a lot longer than faces, I may not have time for those, but the faces I would have no problem trying out for you. Send me a PM whenever you have a face you would like me to try and color in and I'll give it a go.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
While waiting for the desired images, you can also continue developing the game and use image place holders. While the creativity is flowing...keep it flowing. :)