Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Beta Testers - Plugins & Game

I'm looking for Beta-Testers for some of my plugins, notably the QEngine MV and its add-ons. Initially, it'll be 5 only, but in time this may increase.

UPDATE: I now have my 5 beta-testers across my social media network. Thanks to everyone who is participating in this. It's greatly appreciated!

WHAT'S THE PURPOSE OF THIS?

The purpose of the beta-testing is to make sure everything is fully functional for public release, which is also co-dependent on the number of beta-testers I have and their correspondences.

The QEngine, in particular, is a big undertaking for me insofar as its overall functionality, its scope for expansion, and ease of use are concerned.

From its earliest incarnation in RMVX to its current one, the QEngine has come a long way. It's evolved into something far greater, thanks mostly to JavaScript, and no doubt it'll evolve further once I refresh my knowledge of it.

Until now, I've only created scripts and plugins for my own personal use (and practice) and I've only released a few of them publicly. However, because I know JavaScript (as rusty as it is), I'm more confident to release more of my plugins publicly, including the QEngine. And this is where YOU come in!

Over time, I'd like to extend the opportunities for beta-testing to the RPG Maker MV game I'm working on, The Gladiator Program: Cabal. The game-exclusive TGP engine itself has its foundations in the QEngine, so this will also help in its future direction and development.
PLUGINS AVAILABLE

• QEngine Core
  • QES Message Add-On

IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED...

If anyone is interested in beta-testing, first the QEngine and then The Gladiator Program, shout it out in the comments.

One thing I do ask before commenting is that you read the Beta-Testers Charter (it should be as an attachment here). It's just a formality really, something I wrote to give a few guidelines.

Updates are NOT once per week, as I mention in the Charter because, as it turns out, I don't have the time to do that. However, I will update here and via the method of contact you choose.

Note that I'm not really concerned with improving code; I know it's a mess! But that'll change over time. I'm more interested in how easy it is to use, understand and implement. Also, those big bugs or incompatibilities with other plugins that "break" the game!

HOW WILL I SELECT THE BETA-TESTERS?

As a general rule, the first 5 responders will be selected for beta-testing. However, if there are more than 5 people interested, I'll give each one a number and will randomize the selection instead.

After being selected, I'll give the link to a "shared" folder to each person in IM.

Once you receive that link, please direct all correspondences regarding beta-testing to my IM here, or message me on Twitter or Facebook. And keep in touch regularly with things like bugs, incompatibilities, suggestions for added features, questions, and overall ease of use.

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited: