Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a Plugins/JS + DB Overview

My apologies if this is not the right forum for this post.

I have had some degree of experience with every RPG Maker since 2000, and have spent a significant amount of time working with XP and VX Ace.
I also have elementary experience working in JavaScript and a fundamental understanding of OOP in general.

What I'm looking for is a basic rundown of the ways in which the RPG Maker MV Database can be used to interact with JS Plugins (and/or other methods for implementing JS in projects).

I understand that html-style tags can be placed in the 'Notes' section of various DB items to interact with plugins. I would love to know more about how this works.

I've seen a lot of tutorials on JS in MV that all seem to focus on a specific outcome or make use of a specific plugin, but I would love to get some more general information.

Thanks.

EDIT: As always, as soon as I post something on a forum, my first search the next morning yields something closer to what I'm looking for: SRDude has a solid series explaining plugins and discusses their relationship w/ Notes in a pretty general way. That said, if there's other ways in which JS can be used to manipulate projects in RMMV I'd love to hear more about it.

Last edited: