Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Large Description for Items

jaye

Villager
Xy$
I am trying to create a small code that will allow a larger description for items and etc via notebox in the database. Does anyone know how to do this?

Boy Who Codes

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
If so, you can make the notebox value in a variable set as strings. Then access those via the window where you want them displayed. You can always go with checking the beginning tag, and then the ending tag. Any value after those tags would be the string description you want.

Ex:

<itemDescription>
The silver sword maybe an ordinary battle weapon, but in the face of a vampire, any silver made weapon induces deadlier strikes.
</itemDescription>

In this, all you have to do is detect the tag of <itemDescription> and </itemDescription>, so any value inside those close tags would be placed in a new variable where you would of course draw the text in on the custom window.

jaye

Villager
Xy$
If so, you can make the notebox value in a variable set as strings. Then access those via the window where you want them displayed. You can always go with checking the beginning tag, and then the ending tag. Any value after those tags would be the string description you want.

Ex:

<itemDescription>
The silver sword maybe an ordinary battle weapon, but in the face of a vampire, any silver made weapon induces deadlier strikes.
</itemDescription>

In this, all you have to do is detect the tag of <itemDescription> and </itemDescription>, so any value inside those close tags would be placed in a new variable where you would of course draw the text in on the custom window.
Oh. Ok. Thank you so much! It sounds simpler than I was making it. Lol.

Aika

Villager
Xy$
It may sound stupid, but I really would benefit a plugin like that :/ the only things I found are for Ace, and I know 0 Java, so I can't really make it myself with my knowledge :/ could you perhaps lend me a hand, if you already have something like that? I hope to not create problems just asking away...

Picture below showing the issue. All things are placeholders, but give the idea of the problem.
(A weapon picture could be a nice addition too (?))

Attachments