Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

Keyboard plugin version 1.1

No permission to download

Edelplastic

Villager
Xy$
I don´t understand how to call this Plugin ??

Can anyone show a Picture how to use this?

I have add like in the Description the Call via Script:

But i get this when i start the Game:

Console:

A better Description and Manual of this Plugin would be helpful.. then this is not a helping Description:

Input.keyTriggered

Input.keyPressed

Input.keyReleased

You can call the plugin with A-Z, 0-9 and F1-F12

Also using Javascript KeyCodes up to 256 is also allowed

Here are some examples, call them from a script command

if(Input.isKeyTriggered("Y")){

$gamePlayer.requestBalloon(1);

console.log("You pressed Y");

}

if(Input.isKeyTriggered(219)){

$gamePlayer.requestBalloon(10);

console.log("You pressed [");

}

Last edited:

darkkitten

Towns Guard
Xy$
I do, I got it working mostly, still doing bug fixes, my next planned update is displaying Images, I'd also like to get it to work with your script soo you can type on the keyboard and input as well.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
I do, I got it working mostly, still doing bug fixes, my next planned update is displaying Images, I'd also like to get it to work with your script soo you can type on the keyboard and input as well.
Sure thing, i was just looking at Window_TextInput to figure out how it works, and reading your script i must say you did some really smart things when you removed the image. I did not know that the input field was so closely tied up the the actor.

Solving the keyboard typing would most likely require to extend the Window_Selectable.prototype, but i have not read through that code yet so after some research i could try to write something that should work.

darkkitten

Towns Guard
Xy$
Unfortunately they tied both Windows together with the Actor.. it made it difficult at first I wasn't going to include one and then it came to the point it was like I'm going to have to in order to make all the changes I need to make.

Fynnmellex

Villager
Xy$
Hey, awesome plugin! But may I ask you a question. I'm using your plugin to show a worldmap picture through a specific button. So far I managed to get the picture shown in game, but the problem is I can't make the picture vanish after appearing.
So I wondered if there was a possibility to implement something like a activate/deactivate function. Like when i press a specific button a picture shows and when I press that button again the picture vanishes. thx alot

Fynnmellex

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Hey, awesome plugin! But may I ask you a question. I'm using your plugin to show a worldmap picture through a specific button. So far I managed to get the picture shown in game, but the problem is I can't make the picture vanish after appearing.
So I wondered if there was a possibility to implement something like a activate/deactivate function. Like when i press a specific button a picture shows and when I press that button again the picture vanishes. thx alot

Fynnmellex
keyboard only have these tree states, if you want to have a toggle you must make a switch for it when you open your map. and when you press the key again it will turn of the map and reset the switch.

Make a thread on the support forum if you need more help ;)

Fynnmellex

Villager
Xy$
thx alot! I tried making a switch, but somehow it didn't work as intended, so I changed my approach a bit. The map shows now as long as you press the respective button and as soon as you release the button, the map vanishes. May not be the prettiest solution but for now it's good enough. Great plugin nonetheless!

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Make a thread on the Support forum and i can help you more there. you would need to save the state of the key and use the keyTriggered.

Bael

Villager
Xy$
I honestly don't know how to use this, I'm fairly new to this and just want to use a key for a common event since MV limits me to only a few options but I don't know how to set that up, let alone call the plugin. I'm so confused. If someone could tell me how to use this that would be great.