Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've made a few plugins.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Thanks! how nice! =)

Ill read trough them and see what they do!
[doublepost=1446019754,1446018511][/doublepost]You should try not to overwrite default values with default values, because if the core changes you will revert them to the original value.
Let me give you an example:

JavaScript:
Window_TitleCommand.prototype.makeCommandList = function() {
    this.addCommand(TextManager.newGame, 'newGame');
    this.addCommand(TextManager.continue_, 'continue', this.isContinueEnabled());
    this.addCommand(TextManager.options,   'options');
    this.addCommand(shutdownTerm, 'shutDown');
  };
What if the game gets an update and changes options to settings
I am not saying this is likely, but just to illustrate a point.

What you should do is to do this _

JavaScript:
    // Save makeCommandList
    // Call the copy of makeCommandList
  };
So, how would i do it?
well.. lets give it a go.

JavaScript:
ET.Command.Window_TitleCommand_makeCommandList = Window_TitleCommand.prototype.makeCommandList;
    ET.Command.Window_TitleCommand_makeCommandList.call(this);
    this.addNewTitleCommand();
};

Window_TitleCommand.prototype.addNewTitleCommand = function() {
   this.addCommand(ET.Parameters.shutDown, 'shutDown');
};
This method can be used all places where you want to add function to an existing method.

Hope it was somewhat clear what i meant.
Good work btw, they will come in handy for a lot of users, the shutdown script is nice for the ones developing for Windows or Mac, since mobile and web do not need a shutdown feature.

PHLiM2

Villager
Xy$
I think I get what you mean. Aliasing was something I always did in RGSS/2/3, so I've always wondered how it was done in MV.

I tried out the example code you provided, but it doesn't seem to recognize "ET".

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Yeah, i am writing on top of my head, it does not mean that my code will actually work ;)
It will be very close if not 100% correct.

i store all parameters inside ET.Parameters
you would just use
JavaScript:
When you use a anonymous function to call your script you do not have to think about this.
Also since the Object named ET does not work for you, you need to remove ET.Command as well.

You just need to save
JavaScript:
Window_TitleCommand.prototype.makeCommandList
to something, I use the Object named ET for this, you can use whatever you want.

Give it a try, and post the code on the forum if you want me to correct it, or just send me an PM!

Correcting code on the forum is a nice way for others to learn as well!
[doublepost=1446031568,1446031429][/doublepost]If you are not used to Object oriented programming then my explaination might be difficult to follow.
And, if i have not said it before, I am new to MV programming, but i know JavaScript... learning by doing i guess! ;)

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
The idea to have a shutdown feature on MV is very well thought. I should try your plugin when I'll have more free than I currently have.

PHLiM2

Villager
Xy$
Rise Evil said:
The idea to have a shutdown feature on MV is very well thought. I should try your plugin when I'll have more free than I currently have.
Obviously the team had one thing in mind when they decided that they didn't want the Shutdown feature: Mobile Gaming.
--
Wingedwolf said:
pretty nice start , keep up the good work
Thanks! Hope you're enjoying what I've made so far! ^^)/
--
Just updated the Shutdown script to fadeout instead of insta-closing. Still trying to work out aliasing, but it just doesn't wanna click with me.
--
Also, been working on re-creating the title screen from my current RMVXA project, Searching for Mother. Here's how it looks at the moment:
The title screen at this stage has a triple-layer scrolling background, a cursor and image-based commands. Yes, I am completely ignoring the fact RMMV has mouse/touchscreen capabilities, lol.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Looks nice! =) Touch events are remapped, that is the reason it has been so hard for me to rebind different keys to do other stuff..

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
Only one i'm really using is the shutdown, and that's good.
MV needs more plugins that fill the voids left behind by the "geniuses" at Spike Chunksoft...

PHLiM2

Villager
Xy$
Started a wordpress to post all these plugins: https://phlim2.wordpress.com/
Will also update here!

Update: Made a plugin which speeds up the sideview battlers. Not sure if it's compatible with anything though since it's only been tested in a blank project so far.
[doublepost=1448595794,1448556583][/doublepost]
UPDATE [27-Nov-2015 @ 3:40am]

Just finished making my Menu Mods MV plugin. https://phlim2.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/phlim2_menumodsmv/
Hrmm... Might need some help writing this so people can customise it in MV.