Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any way to change stat growth during the game?

TheZealot

Villager
Xy$
I have a system that allows you to trade a key item to permanently boost a stat for one of the characters, and the way I'm doing it now is by giving a permanent, static boost to the stat the player selects, but I'd rather be able to change the final stat total and change the stat growth so that the character doesn't get a massive one time boost. Is there any way to do this without plugins, other than changing classes (I want to be able to do this three times, and making that many classes is...tedious).

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
You can probably do it with a script call but that's essentially be the same thing as a simple plugin. Hate to say it, but the way to do it without JS is exactly as you thought... make classes with different growth curves and transition the character to that class.