Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to prevent larger sized sprites from clipping objects?

rcgarcia

Villager
Xy$
Hello, I have this problem with my sprites that they overlap/clip other objects. They are drawn larger than normal sprites and it appears that when my sprite is facing right it overlaps furniture, walls and other sprites. I would appreciate any advice on how to handle this problem. I'm hoping to keep the sprites the size they are now and not have to resize them. Thank you.
clipping.png

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have a $ (dollar sign) in front of the image's file name? If you character image is larger than 48X48 pixels, put a $ before the file name. Try that out, and tell me the results.

rcgarcia

Villager
Xy$
Thanks for replying Minister Jay, yes I have a $ in front of the images name. I also tried with an ! but that didnt work well. I took at look at maybe using Quasi Movement plug in to create a a collision map but I have no idea how to create those.

Do you have a $ (dollar sign) in front of the image's file name? If you character image is larger than 48X48 pixels, put a $ before the file name. Try that out, and tell me the results.