Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to make DLC

hey guys quick question is there a way to make dlc for my game so that way i can make it chapter based kind of like life is strange and tell tale games like episode one episode 2 and so on?
or is there a plugin for that if i cant do it already

i cant really show pictures cuz i need to do it in the first place what i'm trying to do is make it so you can download extra chapters that you can play in the game as a add on dlc
but idk if that's possible or if there is a add on to do that

Last edited by a moderator:

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
hey guys quick question is there a way to make dlc for my game so that way i can make it chapter based kind of like life is strange and tell tale games like episode one episode 2 and so on?
or is there a plugin for that if i cant do it already

i cant really show pictures cuz i need to do it in the first place what i'm trying to do is make it so you can download extra chapters that you can play in the game as a add on dlc
but idk if that's possible or if there is a add on to do that
Yes there is always a way ...by default though no.

Found a plugin... testing it myself now. (cool)
Might end up writing my own if I learn from it. (cute)

DLC Plugin by Masked: Click Here to View/Download

Yeah if you figure that out could you please make a tutorial for me on it?
Oh also is there a dlc folder by default or no?
Because I cant find one in my projects folders.

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
Yeah if you figure that out could you please make a tutorial for me on it?
Oh also is there a dlc folder by default or no?
Because I cant find one in my projects folders.
No, there isn't a DLC folder by default, at least not on the standalone version of MV. I'm not sure about the Steam version, since I've never used it.

I don't have time to make a tutorial, but read the instructions and see if there's anything you don't understand about them. They looked pretty straightforward to me (if you understand some basic stuff about how map data is stored in json files), but if you get stuck then post your question and hopefully someone can walk you through the part you get stuck on.

Would this plugin allow for DLC stories, where the player can choose from the start menu which story they'd like to play?
yes thats pretty much the kind of plugin I need that way I can do it kind of like life is strange or something like that where you can download the additional chapters/episodes