Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to turn Plugins on and off ingame?

Praygon

Villager
Xy$
Hello everyone.

Firstly if this is in the wrong forum my apologies, feel free to inform me if i've done goofed and ill move this post to the correct place. Secondly I want to know is it possible to disable and activate Certain plugins via a script or event call in game.

An example of what im trying to achieve is for one Chapter of a personal project im working on I want to disable the Sideview yanfly battle system im using and enable A undertale style battle system and its related plugins. Obviously I cant have both on at the same time and I noticed MV has a option to Turn Plugins on and off via the plugin menu. I want to know is this possible in game?

Thank you for your time.

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello everyone.

Firstly if this is in the wrong forum my apologies, feel free to inform me if i've done goofed and ill move this post to the correct place. Secondly I want to know is it possible to disable and activate Certain plugins via a script or event call in game.

An example of what im trying to achieve is for one Chapter of a personal project im working on I want to disable the Sideview yanfly battle system im using and enable A undertale style battle system and its related plugins. Obviously I cant have both on at the same time and I noticed MV has a option to Turn Plugins on and off via the plugin menu. I want to know is this possible in game?

Thank you for your time.
Not exactly due to the fact that all plugins are loaded at startup so the functionality can work when you need it. Many plugins like this overwrite the existing functions completely to achieve such results.

That said most likely this would best be achieved by contacting the developers and have them incorporate them together and using a switch ($gameSwitches) to toggle back and forth between the two.

If you know enough JavaScript you could likely do this yourself but the complexity of the scripts mentioned is probably very complex.

Another way that I've found could be to use the rmv-control-battle-style plugin made by Soulpour777 and you may be able to get it to toggle using that also. Unsure how that would work though honestly.

Well that's my thoughts on the subject at least... prehaps someone might know something I don't.