Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS Export Requires Mac

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
So... Apparently to export to the IOS for Mac, and for Apple mobile devices, you're going to actually need to do it on a mac. This is a huge setback for what I was planning, but I guess with this amazing community, someone here has a mac and might be willing to make exports for games.

How do you feel about this new news (Is new news even a thing?)

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Aw. That sucks. At least I'm a Mac user. But I find that a bit unfair but it also makes sense, I feel.
My question is, if Mac users can export for windows, why can't we do the same for mac. Unless, Mac users can't export to windows :O

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
That's probably the biggest mistake, Enterbrain did. It should be compatible with everything no matter what. Going that route they did, it would be odd to have Windows export on Android, which is bullcrap according to me.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Awww, damn apple. Im personally not an apple fan, and this is one of the many reasons why they are so restrictive on everything they every create. Anyways, im not too happy about this but It's not the end of the world and there are many who will export it for me I am sure, so oh well what can you do eh.

Maebius

Knight
Xy$
Looks like a great opportunity for Community Networking, I guess, but yeah, Apple tends to really reign in their own products from outside "influence". I'll be watching this for similar reasons, as I know some mac-using folks and I am a Windows user. Hmmm. (I happily own zero iDevices)

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I'm glad to have an android device (even though I hate their Lollipop OS, I prefered KitKat to be honnest). At least, I can export my stuff on my android smartphone device. ^^

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Well the thing is, that 100% of rm users before MV were window users, maybe a small percentage of users using linux(with wine) but this option may upset a lot of people who are looking forward to exporting on all devices only to find out they need a mac in order to export on all devices. We shall see what happens I guess, someone may come up with an idea or workaround for this, maybe a virtualbox or something.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
hmmm yes good point Tsukhime. There are users with an Iphone and no mac as well, and if you can't export to an iphone without the mac then I still feel a lot of users will be upset. For me I am happy with android and window PCs for my games, but if it ends up being a hassle for Mac and Iphone I wont bother with them, but I will also only be releasing free games for the next year or so, which is why it's not a huge deal to me.