Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

introduction

Hello @theunknown and welcome to the community ^-^ hope we can be friends and work together!

I myself have never made a Harvest Moon game, but maybe I can give you a few helps and tips on making one.

First of all. Harvest Moon games requires Farming System, am I right? The simple(but not so simple way) to do that, would be messing up with Control Variables. What I mean by this, is that you need to make Control Variables for each type of plants, and make that certain variables would make the growth of the plant grow to a certain size. (Ex. Carrot, Variable no.1 : Seed. Variable no.2 : Sprout. Variable no.3 : Leaves. Variable no.4 : Full Grown Carrot) and make that when you sleep, the Variable would increase by 1. So in Farming System, you have to be clever with Variable-Bending.

Second of all. If i remember correct, Rune Factory RPG system takes battle in real-time, and not in a battle screen. So if this is what you mean by Rune Factory-type RPG, you have to find a way to make enemies in real-time. (Sadly, I can not give any guide as I never try that. I am sorry XD) If not, and you just want to use the default RM's Battle screen system, then that'd be easier, it's up to you though.

Third of all. If you want a Relationship System, there is already a plug-in to do that ^-^ please search the resources list to find it. Or if you want a fast link, try this one : http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/50296-actors-friendship-system/

But the important of all. Harvest Moon kind of game requires hard work and determination, so make sure to prepare your will to make it ^-^ I know I might not give a perfect guidance, but I would at least give a little tips and know-hows rather than nothing, so forgive me if i'm not helpful XD

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi @theunknown , and welcome to the community. There are many parts of this forum that you may find interesting. there is a recruiting section. If you want to learn about making games, there is a tutorial section and even a section to ask questions, MV Support. Looking forward to seeing you around.